Bailey Tye Cadamarteri

24 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

He's only 16, but I'd give him a few games, if he's good enough he's old enough

He's miles away at the moment and needs plenty of time to develop. lets hope when the time is right the club ties him down and gives him that time.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

George Hirst had a better record at that age and he's still devoloping

He'll be ready when he's ready, not before

but how do we know if he is ready unless we give him a run out?

what harm can it do to bring him on for 30 mins one weekend?

• Thanks 1

No harm in having him train with first team and giving him some minutes on the pitch when appropriate. Same goes for Shipston.

These two look like they have potential to become important players for us and should be handled properly.

• Like 8

In my opinion chucking a 16 year old lad into the current environment isn't the right thing to do.

I understand the argument of if you're good enough you're old enough but we all know that if he did get a few games and the goals didn't come then there would be moans and groans from the stands.

He's scoring at his age group and that's fantastic but he probably needs a season or two with the U23's before we properly know how good he is/can be.

Lets be honest, if we hadn't lost the last two games there wouldn't be these shouts to put him in the team now would there? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Give over 

lad needs some u-23 time to prove he can step up, absolutely no where near first team ready , couple of training sessions by all means but keep his feet on the ground and look after his development properly 

39 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

In my opinion chucking a 16 year old lad into the current environment isn't the right thing to do.

I understand the argument of if you're good enough you're old enough but we all know that if he did get a few games and the goals didn't come then there would be moans and groans from the stands.

He's scoring at his age group and that's fantastic but he probably needs a season or two with the U23's before we properly know how good he is/can be.

Lets be honest, if we hadn't lost the last two games there wouldn't be these shouts to put him in the team now would there? 

No one asks for him to get thrown in at the deep end.

I guess that most of us want to see him on the bench and to get on when appropriate. Not to come on and change the game, but create bit of buzz around the place and for club to show that we are committed to developing our own talent, that they are rated and appreciated and that their long term future is here. We are not seen as a good place to young, talented players and that must change. Also, how much worst he could do than Berahino ?!

Bristol City is starting their 18 years old midfielder Alex Scott every week. Birmingham City's 16 years old Jobe Bellingham just made his debut and 17 years old Jordan James has been one of their better players lately... Blackburn are best they had been since their Premiership days and 2'nd in the table by team largely made out of players that came through their own academy/development squads. It can be done and progressive thinking clubs are doing it, just not us...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

But what have you seen which suggests he's ready for a step up from U18 football to playing in League One?

That's quite a step-up.

Has he played for the U23s yet?

Lets have any young player finish 2 seasons with U-18's followed with at least 2 more at U-23 level. If they do well we should try to send them out on loan to conference club and then at League Two one if they do really well. Once they come back if they do really, really well and We are still under transfer embargo and there is a huge injury crisis one of them might get a chance, but only until one of more senior players is back... People would think that We have team full of world beaters when it is so hard for young player to get fair chance 🙄🤮

• Like 3