Scariest ever away day experience

22 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Had some scary moments at away games .. Charlton /Sheffield Utd/Chelsea..but scariest moment was an actual home game…

Millwall at home late 70s ..think we won 4-1…I was a young 14/15 year old .. stood quietly on the kop …when around 50 absolute lunatics from millwall ran onto the kop and took it .. unheard of in them days ….remember them”kung fu kicking “ any Wednesday fan than stood in their way ….They stood in the middle of the kop showing off till around 15 mins before kick off when the “Ozzie owl” club emptied and older Wednesday fans came on and all hell broke loose …. Wednesday fans chased them onto the pitch …started taking the ********…so millwall jumped back on the kop and it all started off again ……Millwall seemed to hold a grudge against Wednesday after that episode…..always turning up whenever Wednesday where in London (Charlton away fa cup )……..Mad times !!!

I can remember that like it was yesterday A load of youngsters on the kop about an hour before kick off acting like big mester’s . Then as you say 50 or so complete nutters in their 20’s , 30,s & 40’s stormed onto the kop and chased us all away from the back / middle. We young un’s regrouped and had a couple of go’s at shifting them to absolutely no avail and a couple including me got a good hiding . As you say our salvation came from the Ozzie owl club.

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

I can remember that like it was yesterday A load of youngsters on the kop about an hour before kick off acting like big mester’s . Then as you say 50 or so complete nutters in their 20’s , 30,s & 40’s stormed onto the kop and chased us all away from the back / middle. We young un’s regrouped and had a couple of go’s at shifting them to absolutely no avail and a couple including me got a good hiding . As you say our salvation came from the Ozzie owl club.

Was great pre- match entertainment in them days 😂😂………

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Man City cup replay at Maine Road 1980

Me and my mate drove there, we arrived about 4pm and parked up at Moss Side

While we were getting out of the car we got threatened by an eight year old

He said if we didn't pay him to look after the car, it would be on bricks when we got back to it

We moved and parked elsewhere.

A lot of Wednesdayites were delayed and they were still entering the ground at half time

We pretended we were hard and stood near the railings seperating us and the City fans

A girl who must have been 14 told me she was going to kick my head in outside

When we got outside it was mayhem, fights and chases everywhere

We stood with our backs to the wall and tried to pretend we were house bricks

While simultaneously shiiting them.

Made me laugh pal... 🙃

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sage owl said:

What I remember about that is the end of the match when we walked past them as they stood  just below the Kop triangle where Wednedayites had eventually pinned them in. 
I had never seen grown men hooligans before. 

On 11/01/2022 at 12:15, S72 Owl said:

Probably sheff u away a few year ago when SYP produced one of the most inept policing displays I’ve ever seen.

Can’t remember which season it was, but they kept us back 15 minnwhich was the first mistake.

Always an evil place to go and metioned by other fans as well. Loadda psychos, still think it's the 70's.

On 12/01/2022 at 20:02, JohnSheridansBigToe said:

Mine was a friendly at Everton, the Waddlers debut. Genuinely thought we were going to have another Hillsborough it was that packed. Very scary, plod were clueless as usual. No lessons had been learnt there! 

We sat in Everton's main stand for that game - plenty of space up therelol

Chelsea away in the cup in 75,over 5,000 Owls on the North stand away end. We went 2-0 up,Bernard Shaw scored an absolute screamer at our end. 15 minutes from time,the middle of the Shed end emptied,few minutes later,they were at the side of us...it was carnage,line of police between us broke and Chelsea fans attacked us big style.It was January and pitch black,Wednesday fans were running down an embankment,people were hiding everywhere they could...it was very very scary!! Plus Chelsea scored 3 at our end...Droy got one of em..and we lost 2-3

• Like 1

On 12/01/2022 at 14:27, Hughdowd said:

Had some scary moments at away games .. Charlton /Sheffield Utd/Chelsea..but scariest moment was an actual home game…

Millwall at home late 70s ..think we won 4-1…I was a young 14/15 year old .. stood quietly on the kop …when around 50 absolute lunatics from millwall ran onto the kop and took it .. unheard of in them days ….remember them”kung fu kicking “ any Wednesday fan than stood in their way ….They stood in the middle of the kop showing off till around 15 mins before kick off when the “Ozzie owl” club emptied and older Wednesday fans came on and all hell broke loose …. Wednesday fans chased them onto the pitch …started taking the ********…so millwall jumped back on the kop and it all started off again ……Millwall seemed to hold a grudge against Wednesday after that episode…..always turning up whenever Wednesday where in London (Charlton away fa cup )……..Mad times !!!

Those two get my vote as well.

There's a Panorama documentary on F Troop with Charles Wheeler the reporter done in about '77. Some of the faces on that I still recognise from the Hillsborough game.

Here's the link:

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Those two get my vote as well.

There's a Panorama documentary on F Troop with Charles Wheeler the reporter done in about '77. Some of the faces on that I still recognise from the Hillsborough game.

Here's the link:

We played them the following weekend at home and about 1000 of us were waiting on the Lep but Harry The Dog and the other tv stars never showed

On 12/01/2022 at 01:34, reggae said:

1986 was worse. Day of grand national. 

Chapman scored. They scored straight after. 

Loads of scousers tooled up slashing wednesday all day. 

Horrible twats.

Never their fault 

On Grand National day in 1986 we were playing Everton at Villa Park.

The game at Anfield when Chapman scored and then Rush equalised was live on ITV in November. 

On 11/01/2022 at 13:12, S25OWL said:

Has to be the old den in 91 - concrete blocks thrown at the buses from the railway bridge - what a game 4-4 but when we went 4-3 up the barrage of coins, spitting and abuse at us in the triangle was unbelievable - never been happier for them to get a 4th and draw - otherwise I think it might have been fear of our lives getting out there 😱

I was at that game, and went on the coach, and I don't recall any of that. It was the only time I ever went to the old Den, and although it's up there with the worst grounds I've been to (stuck in the corner and unable to even see the goal at our end, just the crossbar) it wasn't particularly scary - although the scruff waving a knife about in their end was a bit odd. 

• Like 1

was on the radio that derby threw a firework at utd today and there on radio very upset.. well i nearly got hit in the head by there scum lobbing fireworks at us before the game 3 years ago , just saying so i think maybe they should look at there actions as supporters before getting upset with others . a club full of tools 

• Thanks 1

As been mentioned before, Cardiff away 84 spent most of the morning getting chased around the city centre by locals. Chelsea away around 88, got a few clips on the Tube to Fulham  Broadway, saving grace was we were hemmed in the carriage so couldn't hit us all at once. Newcastle away the Shelton game, went off all over the place. Funny after the game remember a copper setting his dog on one of the Geordies, he was screaming.