Scariest ever away day experience

1 hour ago, hirstysboots said:

Millwall away, 1979. It was a midweek game at the old Den, I have never been so frightened in my life. They were trying to get into the away end all game. We were absolutely barraged with bricks after the game and we travelled back up the M1 with barely a window in the coach. I vowed I’d never go to Millwall again, and so far I’ve stuck to it! 

Already commented earlier on in the thread of my own experiences at this game. Next time going there we decided to play tactics so kept away from our fans and stood on the half way line more or less in front of F troop. Never spoke a word the whole game, having learnt the whole Millwall team just in case, was quite an experience.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2022 at 17:57, bradowl said:

Cardiff City away in 83 when we were celebrating promotion to old first division was pretty scary, we took thousands down but the locals wanted to fight everyone of us, the walk back to the train station after game was very scary. 

Mate and I went to that. Remember having nice fish and chips before the game, celebrating Bannister's goals wildly, getting really giddy after the game (when plod lied to us that Chelsea had lost), and strolled back to the car. Never saw any trouble. How lucky's that!