SWFC after two centre backs this month

family still lives local and wouldnt need to rent a second property (brought up on WTID podcast that this can be a big problem for loanees from lower leagues).

Give him an 18 month contract and go from there. Lets face it Iorfa and Hutchinson wont probably be here next season anyhow so a bit of consistency to build a promotion team next year would be ideal.

3 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

Beevers captained a promotion winning side from this division last season

Hes a left footed experienced centre half, which we lack

Peterborough played 3-5-2 last season with Beevers playing left side of the 3

Not sure what the issue is

The problem is that he would solve our problem. That's the problem. 

Oh, nearly forgot. Moore is our problem

Edited by A47Owl
  • Like 1

On 12/01/2022 at 08:38, striker said:

Agree with that. LB is a problem, but yes Palmer can play there, so can Johnson. Brown is a LB and signed by Moore (presumably for that role) and we have another LB with Galvin in the u23s. 

For me, a back 4 is more sensible than a cobbled together back 3, as you say, which then means wingbacks are also cobbled together....that's 5 players out of 11 cobbled together, add in Paterson often  playing up front and that's why we often look a mess and disjointed.

If he's persisting with 3CBs not only do we need fit CBs but also wingbacks. The nearest we have to an effective wingback is Jack Hunt. 

While I agree 4 at the back is better, we don't have anyone good enough. Palmer is all right foot and can't cross the ball with his left. If he is sitting back and not going too far forward then he is adequate

On 12/01/2022 at 10:15, Mick70 said:

Beevers left the club upon promotion under Dave jones ? We had reada lierra had just signed Anthony Gardner and big lump from Watford ( can’t remember his name came with good rep but was past it) so he’d gone down pecking order and that was championship? Yes league one is his level but we are in league one? Played 40+ games last season is fit and ready to go ? All about opinions and in mine don’t think we gona get much better ( hopefully young loan cb aswell) atm ?

You on about Martin Taylor from Watford? Yes he was very poor us considering when we signed him he had previously been solid for other clubs

31 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

You on about Martin Taylor from Watford? Yes he was very poor us considering when we signed him he had previously been solid for other clubs

Yes that’s him he’d been very steady at that level even season before but Watford did one over on us…wasn’t going to be the last time they did that with their players and us 😆

2 hours ago, another1bitesthedust said:

While I agree 4 at the back is better, we don't have anyone good enough. Palmer is all right foot and can't cross the ball with his left. If he is sitting back and not going too far forward then he is adequate

Fair point, I'd class Palmer as a RB competing with Hunt. Or, play either of Brown or Johnson then. If they aren't good enough, have to question why Moore signed them. 

Guest 123adam789
On 11/01/2022 at 18:50, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Hahahahaha

Hahahahahah

Hahahahaha

When fit, he is nowhere near the standard of Hutchinson, Dunkley or Iorfa.

Thats the crux of all this. Ridicoulous statement when folk say that our best players are on the treament table. But they never will be our best players when out injured on to regular basis. We could have Messi, Ronaldo and co, no good if they never get off the treament table. Its these player (  not Messi ,Ronaldo I hasten to add) what are holding us back in affording some other decent player but restricted due to THEIR wages who are not playing. Thats the issue this club as. Its always the high earners who seem to be taking up the space in the treatment room. Probably just a coincidence.

On 13/01/2022 at 17:39, 123adam789 said:

Thats the crux of all this. Ridicoulous statement when folk say that our best players are on the treament table. But they never will be our best players when out injured on to regular basis. We could have Messi, Ronaldo and co, no good if they never get off the treament table. Its these player (  not Messi ,Ronaldo I hasten to add) what are holding us back in affording some other decent player but restricted due to THEIR wages who are not playing. Thats the issue this club as. Its always the high earners who seem to be taking up the space in the treatment room. Probably just a coincidence.

No use talking sense on here. Hutchinson is class and Iorfa is due his England call up anytime now.