SWFC after two centre backs this month

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

So there is no news about any signing then, I am sure they were reporting a few days ago, we would have a centre back in before the Plymouth game, presumably the 2 bags of crisps and a packet of peanuts we want to pay has not been accepted.

Can anyone explain why we need a replacement for Corbeanu when we still have NML, Johnson and Shodipo at the club, add to that Moore keeps playing hunt as a wingback, do we need more players to sit on the bench or not even make the match day squad.

Said this in another thread a couple of days ago and got shot down by the ITKs saying we are at our players number limit and some had to go for others to come in and the 5 loanees we have are on season long loans and can't be sent back to parent clubs.

Don't know what caveats are included in loan contracts but if parent clubs can recall at any stage, then surely it works the other way and you can send back if injured or not doing business etc.

Also Hunt and Galvin returned, so in their view takes us over the top, even though Theo has gone.

Anyway, can see it being 11th hour end of Jan signings of journeymen or what's left after being picked over, if at all.

Scary isn't it, as we need players in now, not end of Jan when we've slipped further down the league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Said this in another thread a couple of days ago and got shot down by the ITKs saying we are at our players number limit and some had to go for others to come in and the 5 loanees we have are on season long loans and can't be sent back to parent clubs.

Don't know what caveats are included in loan contracts but if parent clubs can recall at any stage, then surely it works the other way and you can send back if injured or not doing business etc.

Also Hunt and Galvin returned, so in their view takes us over the top, even though Theo has gone.

Anyway, can see it being 11th hour end of Jan signings of journeymen or what's left after being picked over, if at all.

Scary isn't it, as we need players in now, not end of Jan when we've slipped further down the league.

We can't know what is in each individual contract but I think players at this level can only move or be recalled in a window.

Normally the loan can be until the next window or until the end of the season. The parent club has the option to recall but the club loaning the player doesn't normally have the right to send the player back. Special circumstances might change that but it would have to be by mutual agreement.

One think to bear in mind is that Wing signing on a permanent deal frees up a loan spot.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

1. We can't know what is in each individual contract but I think players at this level can only move or be recalled in a wind

2. One think to bear in mind is that Wing signing on a permanent deal frees up a loan spot.

1. My point exactly

2. How does it if you're limited to a set number of players..........only asking

Edited by Ray Von shabba

33 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

1. My point exactly

2. How does it if you're limited to a set number of players..........only asking

As I said without having the contracts to read we can't be sure but there's a standard form these things take. The parent club doesn't normally want the wage costs back on the books. I think it would be exceptional for the loaning club to have the right to send the player back. We tried to send Gibson back but that didn't go very well.

I think the set number of players is around 22/23 (not sure) and it may be that under 21 year olds don't count or I might be confusing 2 seperate rules. I seem to remember that as a relegated team we might be allowed more players for the first year. It's not my area of expertise. I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to give the exact rules.

6 hours ago, another1bitesthedust said:

Why not sign a left back for a change. I mean a proper one who can actually defend which would allow us to go to a back 4 if needed

A back 4 doesn't figure in Moore's jiggly ball machine. 

We've already got the players for a 4 at the back but our genius manager won't play it. 

• Like 1

How close

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

As I said without having the contracts to read we can't be sure but there's a standard form these things take. The parent club doesn't normally want the wage costs back on the books. I think it would be exceptional for the loaning club to have the right to send the player back. We tried to send Gibson back but that didn't go very well.

I think the set number of players is around 22/23 (not sure) and it may be that under 21 year olds don't count or I might be confusing 2 seperate rules. I seem to remember that as a relegated team we might be allowed more players for the first year. It's not my area of expertise. I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to give the exact rules.

How close are we to the squad cap and the wage cap for SCMP?

Funny thing is, Theo and Gibson going back doesn't matter as they both don't apply to the wage or squad limits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

It will be interesting to see if there are any centre backs with shattered legs or broken knees still in the game to be able to buy.

That isn’t really a pre requisite because we can sign fit players who’ve never been injured before and break them once they arrive…