Ticket Refunds

The thing is, just a bit of openness from the club could’ve done so much amongst the fan base.

If for example the club had come out and said “due to the pandemic we are experiencing cash flow issues and are struggling to refund fans within a reasonable timeframe” then perhaps fans would’ve been a bit more understanding.

Maybe even a goodwill gesture (say for example free entry to a Papa Johns match or a £25 gift voucher to spend in the club shop) for fans who have had to wait over 12 months for a refund could’ve been considered?

I’m just thinking out loud but this whole issue could’ve been handled so much better by the club.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

How?.

I converted my refunds into S/T this season and a reduced S/T for next.

You're entitled to a refund via the method you paid for an undelivered product or service.

I'm glad you were happy to wait 18 months for a credit note.

Don't start having a pop at fans who would see this type of treatment as a cause for concern.

If you read a review for a holiday company, builder etc. Who held onto money for over 18 months with no end product, you would quite rightly have reservations before parting with your money.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The thing is, just a bit of openness from the club could’ve done so much amongst the fan base.

If for example the club had come out and said “due to the pandemic we are experiencing cash flow issues and are struggling to refund fans within a reasonable timeframe” then perhaps fans would’ve been a bit more understanding.

Maybe even a goodwill gesture (say for example free entry to a Papa Johns match or a £25 gift voucher to spend in the club shop) for fans who have had to wait over 12 months for a refund could’ve been considered?

I’m just thinking out loud but this whole issue could’ve been handled so much better by the club.

100% this!

I think what muddied the water here was at the time, we'd already put 20/21 season tickets on sale earlier than usual in February, so using refunds as credits would have been a messy affair given many had already paid/ started paying.

Ah the good old days when February was considered too early to commit to a season ticket...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Yes I agree the whole thing could have been handled better.

Club had lost a lot of good will which will also cost them more money in the long run.

I think the club did say it was partly to do with cashflow issues in May 2021
https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2021/may/supporter-update/

I have got my refund about 3 months ago so not as annoyed as I once was.

But the cashflow reason doesn't really wash with me when the club were giving out reported £27k per week contacts to Barry Bannan just before and about to sign 14 players in a week.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, musingowl said:

You're entitled to a refund via the method you paid for an undelivered product or service.

I'm glad you were happy to wait 18 months for a credit note.

Don't start having a pop at fans who would see this type of treatment as a cause for concern.

If you read a review for a holiday company, builder etc. Who held onto money for over 18 months with no end product, you would quite rightly have reservations before parting with your money.

But I didn't wait 18 month's, I took advantage of what was offered straight away, as soon as it was offered.

I am not having a pop at any one, it is all down to choice, and I chose to please myself.

1 hour ago, TheGaffer said:

Cheers for the responses guys, easy decision for me now then sadly. No season ticket again 

WAWAW

41 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

How?.

I converted my refunds into S/T this season and a reduced S/T for next.

7 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

But I didn't wait 18 month's, I took advantage of what was offered straight away, as soon as it was offered.

I am not having a pop at any one, it is all down to choice, and I chose to please myself.

You quite literally highlighted the point where the original poster stated "WAWAW" in bold then questioned "how?"

As in to question how they are "Wednesday" if the refund issue could possibly be a concern.

Myself, nor anyone else has ever questioned the validity of people taking the money off of future season tickets, on the contrary, if the club had been more open I think many more would have opted for this option.

The 18 months was in relation to when you actually gained use of the credit, I.e. supporters being allowed back in stadiums.

20 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

So before I purchase a season ticket again I would like to know the answer to the below if anyone can help:

A) Have all fans that requested a cash refund for the missed games in 2019/2020 been refunded? 

B) Have all fans that requested a refund for the Bristol City away game in March 2020 been refunded? 

Thanks

B) No. I bought 2 tickets for Bristol City away. I tried following the refund process, but it seemed to stump them when I said I didn't have a season ticket and they stopped replying to my emails.

5 minutes ago, McShefferty said:

B) No. I bought 2 tickets for Bristol City away. I tried following the refund process, but it seemed to stump them when I said I didn't have a season ticket and they stopped replying to my emails.

Have you tried Bristol City?? Wednesday might have sent the ticket money to Bristol?? Possibly