Alex Hunt is BACK at SWFC!

Give him some game time...  on the bench atleast...  he's a better option than Wing in my opinion...  could utilise him when we are 3 up so no real pressure....  oh wait!!!!!!

Seriously though, he's a good young prospect and needs to start delivering here rather than at GT.

• Like 5

Could be a number of reasons, I'd guess one of these two:

1) For another loan to Grimsby he needs to sign a contract extension and is therefore back whilst that is finalized

2) Moore wants to have a look at him before deciding whether to integrate into the first team or send on loan to League 2 - with a new contract of course

Both options would be sensible IMO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Paul Hurst, the Grimsby Town boss explained that the terms the Owls were looking for on an extension were more than the club were willing to pay.

"As we speak, he is back at their club," Hurst explained.

"At the minute, it's looking unlikely he will return. It's not absolutely dead but, at the same time, it would be wrong of me to say it looks like he'll be back with us very soon because that's not the case.

"The deal is not the same deal. I would like to do a lot of business this month if possible. We know for us it can stretch beyond that but we want to get deals done as quickly as possible whilst we have as many games left as we have.

• Thanks 2