Lewis Wing - PLOT TWIST!!!

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2022-01-09 at 21.29.48.png

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Please Please Please let this be true

It would be the thing that makes things click for him here and he'd kick on big time

And what makes you say that on what you've witnessed so far, he's been a big disappointment.

He’s not been great so far this season but I don’t particularly object to us signing him up. We do need a long term replacement for Bannan and when we first got him on loan I thought he might be it. Maybe a permanent move will get him playing to his potential. But based on what I’ve seen so far he’s got a lot of room for improvement. He’s only 26 though so it might work out. Probably won’t though. 

• Like 2

He's not been the best, bit he has managed to put in consistent full 90 minute shifts in as an attacking midfielder playing a holding role, staying back and doing all the boring stuff the others don't want to do.

He's done more for us this season than Luongo, Adeniran, FDB, Windass, Hutchinson and Byers.

• Like 2

Thought his best performance was at wigan when bannan didn't play .did well at rovrum where I doubt  he played second fiddle to anyone so you have to think  he's  got summat about him but maybe he needs to be the main man and its unlikely he'll  be that here .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I'm not angry, not even surprised, just thinking every Wednesday fan knows he's usless, so why doesn't the man being paid to pick the side know it too!

Why do people say these thing?, do they have the ability to read mind's or summat?.

Personaly I think that would be  decent signing, young player with his future in front of him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

He’s been ok but not outstanding, I always feel he’s performing at somewhere around 80% of what he’s capable of like many loan players. At the moment not too fussed whether he stays on loan or becomes a Wednesday player. Strong point is that he has stayed fit while others around him haven’t..

Would like to see more from him, like goals, if he becomes an Owl under contract though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mogbad said:

This

First couple of games for us he played in a more advanced role and looked ok. DM in his wisdom decided to play him deeper, often behind Bannan. His form and body language went downhill from there.

To be honest I thought he was poor from game one. Very disappointing. 

• Like 1

Some Owlstalk members will be old enough to remember how difficult it was for England managers to fit Gerrard and Lampard into the same side. Both were highly talented players, but they seldom looked it when they played together.

This was because their instinctive positioning was the same, therefore one of them always had consciously to fill a role in which he didn’t feel comfortable. When you have to think before acting, you do tend to look slower when compared to an instinctive player.

I don’t imagine being in the Third Division precludes our having essentially the same problem, does it?

• Like 1

Guest 123adam789
10 hours ago, Jim said:

He can’t play in the same side as Bannan. That much is obvious.

Looking how this season is going, not many players can. 

5 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Bet negotiations between Us and Boro would need the United Nations. Cant imagine DC and Gibson are best mates.

i dont believe everything i read , this will be agent talk and wing will want a move and it might not be to us .  remember the same agent talk last summer about how many clubs were after world class k harris ,nobody came for him, had failed trials and ended up in middle of nowhere in ukraine . 

15 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Am I the only one that thought it was always meant to be permanent deal ?

No one else has mentioned it. 

I’m sure I saw Wing mention it in an article previously - or did I dream that up ?

I think there was an interview with him where he said he wanted to move here permanently if there was a chance

• Like 1