20 hours ago, Truth seeker said:

We need to act quickly and get Evans in…I think he would get this set of players going..no more mr nice guy Moore..we need a hard man like Evans 💪💪

And this is why fans shouldnt be allowed to run football clubs.🤣

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OwlsPilgrim said:

Creative is one way of putting it… his treatment of players was also completely out of line at times, he berated one of the first team defenders in the changing room post match and the player tried to speak up for himself, he was quickly sold to Lincoln who were our main rivals. I’d have to agree with you too, I couldn’t bear to be a fan of the club if he was manager 

This is what I was told, that he would bully players and had his favourites who could do no wrong. I remember that Boston had decent crowds that dropped by around 50% when he returned for his second stint.

2 hours ago, darra said:

This is what I was told, that he would bully players and had his favourites who could do no wrong. I remember that Boston had decent crowds that dropped by around 50% when he returned for his second stint.

Mind you, Fergie bullied players and had his favourites too…

For all his faults - and he has many - I still think that Evo is a better manager than Moore, and that we’d have a better chance of reaching the playoffs with him in the dugout.

Even if we did have to have it widened.

On 09/01/2022 at 21:01, Truth seeker said:

We need to act quickly and get Evans in…I think he would get this set of players going..no more mr nice guy Moore..we need a hard man like Evans 💪💪

steve ? Give it up mate it aint going to happen

On 10/01/2022 at 23:11, darra said:

Yes the crowd attendance did drop in numbers, a lot of fans had become more aware of all the negativity and the reputation of the club was beginning to suffer too. The way things occurred left the club in a terrible position and it did look very likely that it may have folded had things not happened the way they did a few weeks following.

1 hour ago, debram said:

I can't believe that anyone would consider this guy, not worth the thread, how low can we get.

The Fourth?

We spend too much time these days worrying about image, being PC, who they’ve managed, having to like the manager and all that stuff.

It cost us Colin, which was a whopping blunder.

The question is, is Evans a better manager then Moore?

The answer to that question IMO is yes, and that’s all that should concern us.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The Fourth?

We spend too much time these days worrying about image, being PC, who they’ve managed, having to like the manager and all that stuff.

The answer to that question IMO is yes, and that’s all that should concern 

Evans would try milking the club dry for any loose change. I've said it before but a work mate of mine knows a pro footballer who spent time with Evans at Rotherham, when he signed he was offered way above what he expected, unfortunately the catch was fat man took a small cut from it monthly. He'd done this with a number of them, the guy is absolutely loaded from doing this dodgy scheme.

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

The Fourth?

The answer to that question IMO is yes, and that’s all that should concern us.

Got to admit I do agree. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Evans would try milking the club dry for any loose change. I've said it before but a work mate of mine knows a pro footballer who spent time with Evans at Rotherham, when he signed he was offered way above what he expected, unfortunately the catch was fat man took a small cut from it monthly. He'd done this with a number of them, the guy is absolutely loaded from doing this dodgy scheme.

Colin used to do that apparently 

Paddy Kenny was one of his regulars 

I get this was probably a wind up but here goes...

Steve Evans is one of those where I think football is starting to pass him buy a bit, gone are the days where shouting and balling at players is going to get you results. His last two successful spells at Crawley and Rotherham he had the biggest budgets (granted the promotion from League One with Rotherham was a pretty good achievement but it was 8 years ago now), he was able to shift players in and out with ease, especially at Rotherham. I think the scrapping of the short term loan window was a real blow for him. You can't really have the attitude of "well if this does work I'll bring 3 players in next month" in 2022.

Since leaving Rotherham he's manager Leeds, Mansfield, Peterborough and Gillingham, none have gone that well have they?

Added to that he's very unpopular, he's had high profile incidents (that isn't even touching on Boston) and he's made some pretty disrespectful comments about Wednesday in the past. It would all add up to a recipe for disaster. He isn't popular in the world of football, even players who had success under him don't like him, there has to be a reason for that.

• Like 2