Jump to content

Who Are The Luckiest Team In England ?


Recommended Posts

Maybe Accrington Stanley? 

I am sure their fans and players are enjoying the season!

  • They have less pressure than the bigger clubs
  • They are on a very good run
  • They have got a very likeable owner
  • They communicate well with the fanbase
  • They are doing lots of things right on and off the pitch
  • They have their finances in order
  • They have the same manager since 2014

IMO maybe the luckiest team right now

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On balance, has to be Leicester. They always seem to just fall on their feet. Went into administration before there were any penalties,  made light work of their spell in League One, came into money before FFP, went and bloody won the Premier League and are now a very decent Premier League side.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

United were lucky to come across Wilder, and he/they were lucky for 3 seasons when everything fell for them.

Historically, Forest were even more lucky when Clough went there. They'd done nothing for a century, and Clough won them the European Cup, twice.  When he left they did nothing again. Derby were incredibly stupid to sack him, so were Leeds. I wrote to Wednesday begging them to go get him, if they'd listened to me, we could have won the European Cup.

Conversely we were incredibly unlucky that his boyhood team, Aston Villa poached RA when we were ready to join the elite.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

United were lucky to come across Wilder, and he/they were lucky for 3 seasons when everything fell for them.

Historically, Forest were even more lucky when Clough went there. They'd done nothing for a century, and Clough won them the European Cup, twice.  When he left they did nothing again. Derby were incredibly stupid to sack him, so were Leeds. I wrote to Wednesday begging them to go get him, if they'd listened to me, we could have won the European Cup.

Conversely we were incredibly unlucky that his boyhood team, Aston Villa poached RA when we were ready to join the elite.

It was unlucky for Clough that he couldn’t convince Taylor to join him at Leeds. His time there would have been very different.

 

Not the same manager without his right hand man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, katie melua said:

Easy this one


MK Dons

 

All those other clubs starting up (FC United etc) join in the non leagues having to work their way up 

 

Not them, straight into league one 

 

I know it makes me seem old and bitter, but I f*cking hate Franchise FC and everything they represent.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, PeteG_1984 said:

On balance, has to be Leicester. They always seem to just fall on their feet. Went into administration before there were any penalties,  made light work of their spell in League One, came into money before FFP, went and bloody won the Premier League and are now a very decent Premier League side.

 

Amazingly, even if Leicester had been given a 12-point deduction for going into administration it wouldn't have affected their league position as they'd still have finished second on goal difference over the Blunts...who then went on to lose in the Play-off Final.

 

Heartbreaking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have to be up there to be honest....

 

We would have qualified for Europe (more than once?) if it hadnt have been for English teams being banned. Didnt even get into Europe for getting to two cup finals in '93. When we finished 3rd, we qualified for the UEFA cup, this would have been the Champions League and all the money it brings just a few seasons later.  Bad luck that we had an owner who seemingly wanted to get petty revenge on Ron Atkinson.

Bad luck losing the FA Cup final replay with the last kick of the game.

 

Getting relegated from the Premier League the season before parachute payments were introduced.

 

Im sure there will be more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Miffed said:

We have to be up there to be honest....

 

We would have qualified for Europe (more than once?) if it hadnt have been for English teams being banned. Didnt even get into Europe for getting to two cup finals in '93. When we finished 3rd, we qualified for the UEFA cup, this would have been the Champions League and all the money it brings just a few seasons later.  Bad luck that we had an owner who seemingly wanted to get petty revenge on Ron Atkinson.

Bad luck losing the FA Cup final replay with the last kick of the game.

 

Getting relegated from the Premier League the season before parachute payments were introduced.

 

Im sure there will be more.

 

I think you might have misread the title of the thread, or it's the most sarcastic post in the history of Owlstalk.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

 

I think you might have misread the title of the thread, or it's the most sarcastic post in the history of Owlstalk.


FFS

Ive had an absolute shocker here havent I?

 

Can we pretend its the latter?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

I know it makes me seem old and bitter, but I f*cking hate Franchise FC and everything they represent.

 

I'll never forget

 

I would have a lot more time for them had they started up via the non leagues. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...