Lewis Hall

6 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

We’ll be back of the queue for any decent youngsters on loan after how we’ve mishandled Corbeanu 

Corbeanu was a great prospect and I personally would have liked to see him in the front 2 with Gregory, but in all honesty he doesn't really suit our formation. This lad is already playing in a back 3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maxowl1985 said:

Corbeanu was a great prospect and I personally would have liked to see him in the front 2 with Gregory, but in all honesty he doesn't really suit our formation. This lad is already playing in a back 3

He would’ve fitted in fine before we went to a back 3 but was barely given a chance. I would’ve liked to see what he could do up front as well. 

Point is, clubs will look at how we managed Corbeanu and decide their promising youngsters are probably better off somewhere else. This kid Hall does look like a tidy player for a 17 year old mind

14 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

He would’ve fitted in fine before we went to a back 3 but was barely given a chance. I would’ve liked to see what he could do up front as well. 

Point is, clubs will look at how we managed Corbeanu and decide their promising youngsters are probably better off somewhere else. This kid Hall does look like a tidy player for a 17 year old mind

I totally agree mate, Moore signed a whole squad based on one formation then changed to another ( only the management team will know why, I suspect senior players may have had a say ). I do hope other clubs won't judge us on the management of 1 player who didn't quite fit the new formation, but who knows, we do have a habit of making things hard for ourselves 

• Like 3

Here we go.

A player looks steady playing with world class international players on his side against a non league side and “he’d do a job for us”

based on what?…..that Mandaville didn’t rip him a new one 

Edited by Ian
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Maxowl1985 said:

I totally agree mate, Moore signed a whole squad based on one formation then changed to another ( only the management team will know why, I suspect senior players may have had a say ). I do hope other clubs won't judge us on the management of 1 player who didn't quite fit the new formation, but who knows, we do have a habit of making things hard for ourselves 

Exactly what happened with Carlos in his first season, sign a load of players fir one formation, change firmation sign even mote players 

20 minutes ago, Ian said:

Here we go.

A player looks steady playing with world class international players on his side against a non league side and “he’d do a job for us”

based on what?…..that Mandaville didn’t rip him a new one 

Based on the fact he is comfortable with the ball at his feet, he looked to drive forward whenever possible, he can tackle and is only 17 or 18 years old and not going to get too many games at Chelsea with the players they have at there disposal. After that 90 minutes he is 3 times the player Gibson is 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Maxowl1985 said:

Based on the fact he is comfortable with the ball at his feet, he looked to drive forward whenever possible, he can tackle and is only 17 or 18 years old and not going to get too many games at Chelsea with the players they have at there disposal. After that 90 minutes he is 3 times the player Gibson is 

ALL professional footballers are comfortable with the ball at their feet (apart from a few forwards we’ve had) and will look to drive forward against teams 4 levels lower than themselves when 3-0 up after 20 mins.

your comparison with Gibson is ridiculous 

Surely there’s got to be a tall Pacey young defender out there in someone’s youth team they don’t need to be works beaters in league one if they can recover with pace 

A young Anthony Gardner or uroghide would do fine in this league 

16 minutes ago, Ian said:

ALL professional footballers are comfortable with the ball at their feet (apart from a few forwards we’ve had) and will look to drive forward against teams 4 levels lower than themselves when 3-0 up after 20 mins.

your comparison with Gibson is ridiculous 

How is it ridiculous? On the few occasions Gibson has played he could barely keep the ball under control never mind look comfortable with it at his feet. 

• Like 2

Was impressed with Swindon’s left back against City last night.

He looked way too good for them.

Does prove there are players out there if you have the right scouts etc in place.

Think all we have is Att and his old FFL 2015 for player recommendations.

4 hours ago, Maxowl1985 said:

agree we signed a team to play 4231 or similar.

But the reasoning given for the change to a back three was due to injuries to our central defenders. Sounds odd to then play a formation with three centre halves but DM seems to think three makeshift cbs can help each other easier rather than 2.