Newcastle 0 Cambridge 1

7 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

My bad - we got a draw with them - I got them mixed up with Oxford 😭

I think Cambridge did knock us out when we were in the premier league. Trevor Benjamin scored. I think 

Watched it after work, the mags couldnt get past the lad in goal, he was insdpired, made two stops from Murphy and countless others, one point blank reaction save was top drawer late on.

They look awful in the final 3rd, confidence is shot in some of those players, talk about after you claud.

Loads of disgruntled mags leaving toward the end, tough job on his hands.

Same can be said of everton as well, spaffed loads of dosh on some right duds, one lad was making his 7th appearance last night after a 20 plus million pound move in 2019!!! Small wonder they sacked their chief recruitment guy, shame chansiri doesnt share the intolerance of incompetence, Everton just about scraped through against hull, but it was a close game, small margins there.

I always had a soft spot for Newcastle because of there excellent 90s team but all this talk recently of the "hell" they have been through with Ashley has put me right off them. 

Two very brief stints in Division 2 both times winning the title easily is hardly "hell". 

A bit like Liverpool's 30 years of hurt. Saying that it doesn't take much for me to dislike Liverpool. This means more... w**kers! 

17 hours ago, markowl said:

Chris Wood on his way to Newcastle.

For 20 million 

WTF:

£20 million is about 10 x over the odds,  but  still absolutely nothing to them with the money they have.

He is a good player for their situation now, and it weakens a direct relegation rival. 

I hope he's screwed them for along contract and decent signing on fee, because if they stay up he will be nowhere near the first team squad next season. 

On 09/01/2022 at 13:09, markg said:

I think Cambridge did knock us out when we were in the premier league. Trevor Benjamin scored. I think 

What an awful game that was. Last game I saw Di Canio play in too since next home game was against Arsenal and I was on holiday. What a game to miss!