What is your most cringe moment as a Wedensday fan

9 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Playing Newcastle U23’s in the Papa Johns Trophy

or any time our fans punch each other

8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

The most stand out cringe worthy moment was when our illustrious leader made an amateurish attempt at cheating the books, that was the moment when we went from a poorly run club to an absolute tin pot joke of a club.

And 5 minutes after every current game..

• Like 1

Playoff game at home to Brighton. Convinced my wife to come and watch. She's never been into football and, whilst I managed to drag her along a few times when we were just dating she never got into it. At the time both my young daughters had season tickets alongside me so it was my wife's chance to see what we did at games.

There was a bloke behind us, never seen him before and he wasn't an ST holder so didn't usually sit there. He kept throwing out racist abuse at the opposition.

This was cringe enough because it gave the impression that that was what football crowds were like. But then I suddenly just lost my temper over it and confronted the 'fan'. And when I say confront, I ended up getting really aggressive about it, which is not like me at all.

So not only was my wife seeing a bad view of football supporters in general, she was seeing a very negative view of how I might act at the football, with two children under 10 in tow.

Thankfully this was near half time and the bloke never returned for the second half. But both his and my own behaviour, in front of my wife and kids, really made me cringe. 

Too many to mention.  

Cake ball and the complete hash of our 150th anniversary celebrations.

Failire to generate revenue through proper corporate sponsorship and instead plastering Chansiri all over the ground and shirts.

Calling fans customers.  DC not taking time to understand the mentality of Sheffield folk and living in cloud cuckoo land.

The bizarre half time eulogy to the dead Thai king.  No disrespect to the king but it shouldn’t be a part of a football match in Sheffield.

DC selling the ground to himself.

The failure to pay player’s wages, the points deductions.

Cringing because I feel DC has made this once great club an absolute laughing stock.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The driving Bentley's guy is in this one I think

Surprised that this wasn’t mentioned earlier.not just the Bentley Driver but someone who has massive respect in the Game ‘ Howard Wilkinson ‘ who had to face a near Lynch Mob to explain the situation at that time.

• Like 1