What is your most cringe moment as a Wedensday fan

1 minute ago, northeastowl said:

York away and people were bowing down to Chansiri on the street. Was embarrassing. 

It was funny..we wer all bladdered...it was a proper laugh..not at all ‘cringe’...and the best bit every single gruntbag on bladesmad thought the big baldy doin the prayer thingy wer Neil😂

• Haha 2

Half time against QPR, 1-0 up and we flashed up the score at Stamford Bridge on the big screen where Chelsea were playing Sheffield United, it was 2-0 to Chelsea.

Now don't get me wrong, I like a laugh at that lot losing as much as anyone but they were playing Chelsea, away from home. It was hardly 4-0 away at Gillingham was it? I remember saying, "that could come back to bite us" and low and behold it did. We lost 2-1 and they drew 2-2.

Maybe not the most cringe ever but it was certainly a moment where you just think, why leave yourself open?

• Like 1

This an easy one for me. In the away end at forest. Very drunk Wednesday score and in the celebrations my pie got knocked out of my hands. Not thinking straight in my alcohol fuelled hunger. I proceeded to get on all fours while the surrounding fans are deliriously jumping up and down to search for my precious pie. I found it and proceeded to eat it none the wiser of what an idiot I must have looked.

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

1 hour ago, The coach said:

It was funny..we wer all bladdered...it was a proper laugh..not at all ‘cringe’...and the best bit every single gruntbag on bladesmad thought the big baldy doin the prayer thingy wer Neil😂

To be fair I had to watch it twice to double check, and even then I wasn't 100% sure. Part of me hopes it it him. 

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

This an easy one for me. In the away end at forest. Very drunk Wednesday score and in the celebrations my pie got knocked out of my hands. Not thinking straight in my alcohol fuelled hunger. I proceeded to get on all fours while the surrounding fans are deliriously jumping up and down to search for my precious pie. I found it and proceeded to eat it none the wiser of what an idiot I must have looked.

I think this could be the funniest post I’ve read so far this year/season! 😂....I’m just picturing it...reight funny

At the fan forum few year back

1)The old bloke on his hands and knees begging chansiri to sack Jos 

2)fans clapping and cheering dc when he said the infamous 'if you think United are better than us ,you don't know football's

3)fans clapping carlos off the bus when he returned with Swansea 

Basically Wednesday fans are proper cringy 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tom Sheridan said:

Can’t remember which game it was, but playing the Thailand national anthem following the death of their king. 

This one sort of trumps it for me. Jump to the 5 minute mark 

Edited by bobness
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Some great moments at Hirsty's bar nights and fan forums. 

One that springs to mind was when Darren Purse had been one of the guests for the first part of the evening - as was normal the current players left about half way through. 

Once Purse had left, somebody asked the panel something along the lines of 'how on earth does he get a game....he's sh!te'. From memory the response from the panel was that the guy should have asked Purse when he was here.

Guess you had to be there.

Or at a fans forum when Chansiri started laying into a particular online forum and told the representative of said forum off like a naughty schoolboy.

1 hour ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Or at a fans forum when Chansiri started laying into a particular online forum and told the representative of said forum off like a naughty schoolboy.

He spouted some right sheeeeite 

He didn’t tell anyone off - there was just a discussion 

At one of them he said Owlstalk should sponsor the ground 

And at another I asked him what the plan was - there wasn’t one 

And I asked him what fans could do to help - his reply? ‘Just buy tickets’

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

14 hours ago, Mollymae's Dad said:

Hey………….Presto

must of been proper strong paint in the 80’s

I seem to recall a post on here that suggested that it wasn’t paint and the ‘Presto’ advertisement had been stuck on. What we’re seeing now is the residue of the glue that was used that can’t be painted over so easily