What is your most cringe moment as a Wedensday fan

Going to get something to eat at 2.30 on a Saturday and being told that theres no food left.

going in the club shop to see the shelves bare and staff having no idea when stock may be in.

our owner saying fans’ negativity online cost the club a huge sponsorship deal. And maybe lapping this up and subsequently criticising and shouting down ‘negative’ comments.

the fans that literally defend anything that Chansiri does.

the vitriol aimed towards players that leave us and move to other clubs; when in reality they’d be bonkers to stay with us.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Fans forum where the first hour was literally DC ranting at the fans.

fans forum where DC said he spent all the money to avoid relegation to league one.

fans forum where DC mocked the blades for not spending money.

fans forum where DC said fans money doesn’t pay for anything. 

fans forum where DC said he sold jack hunt because fans wanted to see Liam Palmer play

fans forum where fans made relevant points but were greeted by other fans telling them to go to lane if they don’t like it; and the clapping DC’s every word.

fans forum where bloke blamed his weight on the club not selling healthy food on match days. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Fans forum where the first hour was literally DC ranting at the fans.

fans forum where DC said he spent all the money to avoid relegation to league one.

fans forum where DC mocked the blades for not spending money.

fans forum where DC said fans money doesn’t pay for anything. 

fans forum where DC said he sold jack hunt because fans wanted to see Liam Palmer play

fans forum where fans made relevant points but were greeted by other fans telling them to go to lane if they don’t like it; and the clapping DC’s every word.

fans forum where bloke blamed his weight on the club not selling healthy food on match days. 

You should give it a rest, all this love for DC is crazy lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, manicowl said:

I came across a big bundle of my teenage "writings" a bit back in me mam's loft. A few weeks after Princess Diana was killed David Hirst had signed for Southampton. I was reminded that I had re written Candle In The Wind as a "trib" to Hirst. The opening line was "Goodbye Hillsborough's Prince".

Definitely up there!

Some terrific moments to savour on this thread. Cakeball is still my all time favourite though. I still Google it whenever I feel down to cheer myself up a bit. What was going through DCs head when he stood there with his thumbs up in front of the giant cake?? Soddin thing doesn’t even look like a football! FFS!

I also like the giant ‘ass eating’ owl on the outside of the stadium. Genius. 
image.jpeg.aae649e5a2d3d5e681e871b036fa5def.jpeg

• Haha 1

I think the most cringe (for them) song sung by away fans at any ground is 'such and such town's a shithole, I wanna go home' and there was a half-hearted effort by some to chant it at Shrewsbury a few weeks ago which I don't think was ironic. The most cringe (for us) chant sung by opposition fans at Hillsborough is the one questioning whether it's a library followed by absolutely no noise in response. 

Also from this season the pitch invasion at Crewe which is only going to appear more cringe the further towards mid-table we slide. 

The most cringe thing about Wednesday is the fact that everyone finds any amount of passion cringeworthy. So in fact we all end up just shutting up and lapping it all up without saying much apart from grumbling under our breath. 

There is no room for wearing your heart on your sleeve as a fanbase because you just get shot down. This is a replication of Sheffield culture in general. 

Very early 80’s I’d have been 10 or 11. 

Used to go to the bottom of the Kop as most of the young kids did.

Match ball comes over the fence and I pick it up.

Trying to look cool I attempt to kick it over the fence out of my hands Bob Bolder style.

Went straight into the back of the cage & bounced further back into the crowd.

Much tutting around me & basically I’m scarred for life.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The most cringe thing about Wednesday is the fact that everyone finds any amount of passion cringeworthy. So in fact we all end up just shutting up and lapping it all up without saying much apart from grumbling under our breath. 

There is no room for wearing your heart on your sleeve as a fanbase because you just get shot down. This is a replication of Sheffield culture in general. 

Big time mate

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Sheffield Wednesday vs Wycombe Wanderers -122.jpg

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

On 08/01/2022 at 15:40, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Something during a match?

A signing?

Some fans scrapping somewhere?

What is your most cringe moment as a Wedensday fan?

The last 20 + years and the majority of the ones before that....