Ashley to buy Derby

3 hours ago, Manwë said:

I've no love for him, but he employs people as per the laws of this land.  People travelled across Europe to work in Sport Direct warehouses.

Why people hate him I don't know.  He demands a lot for minimum wage, that's one reason he became so rich.   Minimum wage, zero hour contracts, giving people targets and measuring KPI's etc are all legal in this country.

You're not going to find many significantly wealthy people who pay more than they have to for the shop floor workers.

So yes, turn down bad billionaires and wait for the one who pays twice the minimum wage to warehouse staff.

Letting him off too easy there, as do this government and the ones before it. He's lost many individual cases of employment law. Thank god for Unions. 

He'd still have us in a better place than Chansiri mind you. 

So Mike Ashley can buy a championship team, with Rooney as the manager, good youngster coming through, getting crowds of 25,000+ a week for - £50m 

or he buy for £100m+(DC likely asking price), a club with no assets, barely any players contracted beyond June, a infrastructure not upgraded since the 90's, no youth structure, no ground, a fan base shrinking because of years have been treated like rubbish from the current owner.

derby county in administration are a better prospect than us and cheaper because our chairman is too stupid to realise you are not worth what you wasted on, only worth the sum of your parts, which without the ground might only be £10m max. With the ground might get £30m.

• Haha 3

Its like that 60 's VW camper you drive past with flat tyres ....

You ask the owner if its for sale 

He gives you the "you can't afford to buy it price i am the only one who's gonna make money on this " ...

You drive away ....

Everytime you drive past there's someone asking the same question .....

It's still there 20 years later covered in moss ......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

While ever we have an owner who thinks this club is worth a fortune there will be zero interest and we will continue to just be average even in L1, chansiri has to change his ways, or forced out by the fans, by that I mean forced to leave and sell up for a more realistic price.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Good piece that - potentially another 51 million added to the debt that would be catastrophic and potentially liquidate the club

This is going to get messy, again for the EFL, like it did with us and other club owners sticking their two penneth in..... could there be a common denominator here I wonder🤔

• Like 1

Just now, TaxiMark said:

While ever we have an owner who thinks this club is worth a fortune there will be zero interest and we will continue to just be average even in L1, chansiri has to change his ways, or forced out by the fans, by that I mean forced to leave and sell up for a more realistic price.

Well said

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

So Mike Ashley can buy a championship team, with Rooney as the manager, good youngster coming through, getting crowds of 25,000+ a week for - £50m 

or he buy for £100m+(DC likely asking price), a club with no assets, barely any players contracted beyond June, a infrastructure not upgraded since the 90's, no youth structure, no ground, a fan base shrinking because of years have been treated like rubbish from the current owner.

derby county in administration are a better prospect than us and cheaper because our chairman is too stupid to realise you are not worth what you wasted on, only worth the sum of your parts, which without the ground might only be £10m max. With the ground might get £30m.

FFS it’s not even a full moon!

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Genuine question - how much do you think we're worth? Edited to add and what is a realistic price for us?

Edited by soldierboyblue

On 08/01/2022 at 10:02, Gob_Bluth said:

It says a lot when people would rather have Ashley, a true actual leech of a businessman whose only interest in owning a football club is to advertise and spin profits for SportsDirect, than the guy we've got

It says a lot about Chansiri.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

20 million tops..

If you were rich and Sheffield Wednesday would belong to you and you would not need the money.

Would you sell it for 20 Mio ????

I wouldn't!

Edited by GermanBird
wrong currency

24 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Thats what I think it's worth 

What about you?

You might be 100 % right with your valuation.... I don't doubt that at all.

But if I was rich and would not need the money, I would not sell Wednesday even if you offered much more than the real value.