Ashley to buy Derby

If Ashley came here he’d be hated more than Chansiri within 18month 

Sound businessman he is, but would clash with the fanbase in a way probably only Dave Allen has in recent times 

Derby will also hate him 

8 hours ago, striker said:

Surprised it took him this long, maybe just biding his time to let the price drop and competition fade away to a state of desperation by the administrators.

Just the type of distressed business he likes. 

Price hasn't dropped and, if anything, is higher than expected. Administrators determin the price based on what they can get the debts down to with any loans added and a massive chunk of money for their fees. On to of this figure they have to account for the Middlesbrough and Wickham claims. Then the EFL want to see that there are funds available to run the club for around 2 years and that it is legit.

24 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Price hasn't dropped and, if anything, is higher than expected. Administrators determin the price based on what they can get the debts down to with any loans added and a massive chunk of money for their fees. On to of this figure they have to account for the Middlesbrough and Wickham claims. Then the EFL want to see that there are funds available to run the club for around 2 years and that it is legit.

Pretty much. Unless you are a multi millionaire happy to lose the best part of 100m for a club that's gonna be in league one next season and under years of embargos and rules, then you ain't buying Derby.

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Sound businessman he is, but would clash with the fanbase in a way probably only Dave Allen has in recent times 

Derby will also hate him 

Don't really see that. What could he do to upset the fans more than DC ? Can't assett strip - we have nothing. If he didn't invest in the Ground/Team - what's new ?

I don't like him but at least I think he'd have a plan, a target. With DC we're just drifting into oblivion.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Ashley has bought Derby or should i say put in an offer ,He will invest to make money ,Get them promoted within 4 yrs ,Sell for over 100 million .Mean while we will continue to struggle under the inept leadership of our owner ,But get ready his son will take over one day then God help us.

It will cost him way over a 100m to be able to get Derby to the Premier League. That's why I don't see him buying them.

29 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I may be wrong here, but aren't 'Wayne Rooney's' Derby under a similar transfer embargo the we are, and if so how will Ashley get around that?.

He won't. Going into administration gives you restrictions for the next two years.

10 hours ago, sethman75 said:

What i'm most disturbed about is that Derby are considered to be a more financially better club than we are.

I thought they we riddled with debt and will be for years to come, yet Ashley thinks they are still better than us.

How bad a state are we in really?

As the earlier post, we need training facilities and stadium needs a makeover. Not cheap.

10 hours ago, Animis said:

Indeed, and both owners seemingly inflated the valuations for specific reasons; reasons that may now backfire, as whilst they'll say, 'look, the ground's worth £80m' in reality a perspective buyer will say, 'no, it's worth £30-40m at best'.

It's these things that will test DC when any suiter comes sniffing around us. As has been said above, if DC thinks he can get his money back - say  £200-£300m, he's living in another universe. At least Derby are in admin and can accelerate a deal. With DC, it will be a death by a thousand cuts.

He is living in another universe where he is a successful and brilliant businessman. This universe exists only in his own head, mind you. 

3 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Ashley has bought Derby or should i say put in an offer ,He will invest to make money ,Get them promoted within 4 yrs ,Sell for over 100 million .Mean while we will continue to struggle under the inept leadership of our owner ,But get ready his son will take over one day then God help us.

It’s actually his son in law. I think his son is some kind of DJ. 

Ashley had a big property just off the Chesterfield bypass towards Mansfield a while back. I think he owned the whole cul de sac. 

I know a few of the City boys that have worked with Ashley. Very decent bloke by all accounts. Watch his YouTube demolition of the parliamentary committee. Ashley wouldn’t be liked here because he’s too straight/direct talking. Far too many princess pissypants in the fanbase. Newcastle are very similar. In the cold light of day he did a really good job there. Problem is, Newcastle fans think they are Juventus when they are in effect more Freybentos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Derby will also hate him 

Thing is though if we were climbing the league and enjoying the football, would we care.

Not too sure what the geordies issue was with Ashley,  anyone know? Gave then cash, decent stadium, prices were reasonable, must have been some reason.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Thing is though if we were climbing the league and enjoying the football, would we care.

Not too sure what the geordies issue was with Ashley,  anyone know? Gave then cash, decent stadium, prices were reasonable, must have been some reason.

Didn't turn them into Man City I think.