Ashley to buy Derby

27 minutes ago, andrew1974 said:

£50m is for the club though. Mel Morris still owns the ground

It’s more likely £50mill to clear the debts isn’t it?!

Plus how Ashley runs football clubs he’s probably not that bothered if Morris keeps Pride Park. He’ll still negotiate himself a good deal to plaster it in Sports Direct signs. 

He’s an absolute turd, he’d sell your granny given half a chance, don’t want him and his awful exploitative business anywhere near SWFC.

I know we don’t get to choose, and of course I’d continue to support the club either way, but I’m glad he’s not managed to get a fat greasy finger into our (very unpalatable right now, I admit) pie.

Presume all the club staff working for us feel the same way, ‘cos they’d almost certainly be taking a wage cut day one.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, markowl said:

Genuine businesses where he treats his staff like shíte.

Not for me thanks.

Agree that the staff of his shops may not be the best paid or maybe on zero hour contracts, but i think their working conditions and rights are much much better than the workers of the Thai Union Group.

As others have stated, he may be hated by the NUFC fans but he has a clearer understanding of the English football world than Chansiri. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hohenschwangau said:

but i think their working conditions and rights are much much better than the workers of the Thai Union Group

Speculation and whataboutery. You may be right, may be wrong, may not understand relative income vs. cost of living, etc etc… but either way I don’t see how it’s relevant to the main issue in the thread. Also I doubt DC sets wages for TUG.

• Thanks 1

Nobody buys a football club to make money. Mike Ashley does run his like a business though whether you like it or not. 

Not saying I’d like him but fans do hope they get an owner with bottomless pockets. Not many of those around in League One or even the Championship.

We are further away than ever now to the dream that Chansiri had when he first arrived.