Ashley to buy Derby

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's looking that way, yes.

I don't see the club seriously improving under Chansiri, but I don't see him selling up for anything like a reasonable fee, either.

Unless he has a change of heart, we're stuck with him blindly flailing around in the darkness, trashing our club along the way.

We need to put pressure on him to leave, however and whenever possible. We still have a banner up thanking him ffs. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Aren’t Hmrc split into 2 categories depending on what’s owed

Things like Vat and staff related taxes (NI, Tax on wages etc) are still classed as secondary primary creditors whereas things like corporation tax etc are classed as normal creditors 

it’s been a while since I did any of this so things may have changed

I think you’re right about staff wages/NI/income tax but with the administration I was involved in, HMRC had to get in the queue with everyone else for VAT.

This was 6 years ago so rules may have changed now.

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

Give up HMRC will get paid in full they don’t cut deals like that. Ashley will have to pay them 

true

HMRC will want what’s owed. If they don’t it’ll open the floodgates for other businesses to short change the tax man. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Luke said:

We will be in league 2 before dc sells up 

I don't think we'll exist before he leaves.

The only hope we have to turn our fortunes around is if Att graduates Harvard business school before this happens and told Dejphon hands over the reigns before its too late. 

Just now, ANDY said:

true

HMRC will want what’s owed. If they don’t it’ll open the floodgates for other businesses to short change the tax man. 

Look at what happened at Rangers. Avoided tax is avoided tax and if they are buying the club a bit like when MM bought us they got paid in full

2 hours ago, doubleo said:

Just read the story - £50 million for a comparable Championship club that’s got an outside chance of still being there next season.

Wish he'd bid £50m for us ....... and chansiri took it..... bet Ashley knows how to set up a football business!!!

Would anyone in their right mind pay DCs alleged asking price for Wednesday.  Didn’t someone buy an 80% stake in Southampton for £100m the other week?

If that is the price for an established Premier League club and speculation has it DC is wanting more than that for League 1 Wednesday then we will never be sold!

2 hours ago, doubleo said:

Just read the story - £50 million for a comparable Championship club that’s got an outside chance of still being there next season.

A very good chance. They seem to have hit form recently 10 points from the last 5 games.  With 21 games left they can do it if they keep that form.

It puts us to shame.

• Like 3

It says something about our situation when some on here are talking up Ashley as a decent owner when he is hated by the fans of Newcastle and took years for them to hound out!!! 

How messed up is it that someone like him is looking palatable to some!!!

2 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

It says something about our situation when some on here are talking up Ashley as a decent owner when he is hated by the fans of Newcastle and took years for them to hound out!!! 

How messed up is it that someone like him is looking palatable to some!!!

Can you tell us why Newcastle fans wanted Ashley out? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

I said when Derby went onto Administration and got the double points deduction that they would get through it and coke out the other side and be progressing as a club long before we are.

Dejphon Chansiri will hold this club back for a long time to come.

Sadly I think you're spot on with this.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Would I take Ashley over Chansiri - yes - even though the guys a melt, he knows business and more importantly, football.
Would he actually consider buying us - no - price required would be silly and not realistic and for this reason I don't see DC moving on any time soon unfortunately.

• Like 2