Ashley to buy Derby

8 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

Surely his advisors do their homework and the summary sheet must find Derby in a better state than we are.

I thought they were one of the worst clubs in the country for debt but apparently we are worse

Are you suggesting that Ashley has seen our books? Cus if you’re not then your comment is a bit silly really…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

According to the local derby paper they owe £83m

26m of that is to HMRC. That should have to be paid in full otherwise a dangerous precedent is set to every other business in the land

There Is also debt secured against the ground of £20m

Football debts of £9m, which are also classed as primary will also need to be paid

Derby as a club are worth a £1. I’m presuming the cost of the club and ground will be equal to whoever settles the debts

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Yep I know but I was just pointing out that they did exactly what we did regarding selling the ground.

Indeed, and both owners seemingly inflated the valuations for specific reasons; reasons that may now backfire, as whilst they'll say, 'look, the ground's worth £80m' in reality a perspective buyer will say, 'no, it's worth £30-40m at best'.

It's these things that will test DC when any suiter comes sniffing around us. As has been said above, if DC thinks he can get his money back - say  £200-£300m, he's living in another universe. At least Derby are in admin and can accelerate a deal. With DC, it will be a death by a thousand cuts.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

According to the local derby paper they owe £83m

26m of that is to HMRC. That should have to be paid in full otherwise a dangerous precedent is set to every other business in the land

There Is also debt secured against the ground of £20m

Football debts of £9m, which are also classed as primary will also need to be paid

Derby as a club are worth a £1. I’m presuming the cost of the club and ground will be equal to whoever settles the debts

As I understand it, HMRC are not preferential creditors so they will get the same as all the other creditors, pro rats of course, eg 10p in the £.

I don’t like our current chairman at all, and Ashley would be an improvement. But we’re not in a comparable state to Derby. Yet.

We haven’t entered administration. Derby will have a couple of seasons under a transfer embargo and they have an ageing squad.

Pride Park will be rebranded. Of course given the stadium is fairly new that probably won’t matter to most Derby fans, but I’d hate seeing that horrible company emblazoned on Hillsborough.

I’m originally from Chesterfield, and the Guardian did this piece on them. It’s a great read about how they’ve turned round their fortunes and are now fan owned. I think I’d take fan ownership over progression to the Championship and beyond. We’d never get it of course… https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jan/07/fan-owned-chesterfield-on-rise-chelsea-millionaires-fa-cup

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, flying-owl said:

As I understand it, HMRC are not preferential creditors so they will get the same as all the other creditors, pro rats of course, eg 10p in the £.

They are now it was changed a while back. The payment to them and the claims made by Boro and Wycombe are why they are struggling to find a buyer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, flying-owl said:

Aren’t Hmrc split into 2 categories depending on what’s owed

Things like Vat and staff related taxes (NI, Tax on wages etc) are still classed as secondary primary creditors whereas things like corporation tax etc are classed as normal creditors 

it’s been a while since I did any of this so things may have changed

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

I know the infrastructure at their club is better than ours, but when you consider we were bought for 30m we hadn’t had a points deduction and staring relegation right in the face like them. 

The infrastructure is a big thing - we had exposed toilet pipes freezing, which cancelled a game; a score board that quaintly didn't work, failed pitch and facilities that non-league wouldn't entertain. They all needed immediate investment. However, I imagine the promised land pay back has doubled since 2015. It's a gamble, but pound for pound you'd certainly think Derby are a better long term investment.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Can’t stand Ashley but he would be a much better option than Chansiri. He is a business man and there would be no way we would be in this mess on the pitch and more importantly off the pitch if he owned us. 

No he wouldn't be a better choice than Chansiri

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

We are f*ck3d aren't we really

It's looking that way, yes.

I don't see the club seriously improving under Chansiri, but I don't see him selling up for anything like a reasonable fee, either.

Unless he has a change of heart, we're stuck with him blindly flailing around in the darkness, trashing our club along the way.

• Like 2