Ashley to buy Derby

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Can’t stand Ashley but he would be a much better option than Chansiri. He is a business man and there would be no way we would be in this mess on the pitch and more importantly off the pitch if he owned us. 

Agree with that, not keen on the ethos of his tenure at Newcastle. However he is a realist and understands a business which football is now. Newcastle have been backed with money at a sensible level, although their fans thought they should have been trying to outspend the manchesters,  Chelsea etc.

Would welcome him here, at least you know what you are getting.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What i'm most disturbed about is that Derby are considered to be a more financially better club than we are.

I thought they we riddled with debt and will be for years to come, yet Ashley thinks they are still better than us.

How bad a state are we in really?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

What i'm most disturbed about is that Derby are considered to be a more financially better club than we are.

I thought they we riddled with debt and will be for years to come, yet Ashley thinks they are still better than us.

Ashley bought Debenhamd tho

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

Most of their debt is to HMRC...im sure Ashley will be trying to get that wrote off before any deal is done...if Derby are worth 50 mill..Dc would be lucky to get about 20 mill for us🤨

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Ashley bought Debenhamd tho

Surely his advisors do their homework and the summary sheet must find Derby in a better state than we are.

I thought they were one of the worst clubs in the country for debt but apparently we are worse

5 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

He can get Derby for £50m, though.

Chansiri reckons he's spent £300m on Wednesday and he'll want it all back.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I think it was inevitable that Ashley would show interest in Derby. They have potential and the cut-price makes it attractive. Having said that I imagine they'll be more than him sniffing around the administrators. I suppose the devil is in the detail - what's the debt structure and liabilities. He'll want the administrator to clear most of this off before he can agree.