How NOT to manage a big club

Guest 123adam789

Totally agree and Moore is nowhere near up to the job. But who the hell is going to improve us whilst that madmad is at the helm. Everybody is watching how Wednesday operate and the recent fiasco re Corveanu could be more damaging in the long run. 

15 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Now i know we have not been blessed with the best managers in the last 20 odd years and Moore is by no means the worst but he is displaying a fantastic example of how NOT to manage a big club with large support and over ambitious fan base.

Now rightly or wrongly we are a ambitious fanbase, and i think we all think we as a club should be at a higher level than what we are, thats not up for debate. But we are where we are and the clearout was needed.

What Moore did in the summer window was quite impressive under the circumstances. Give him his dues. He should IMO have kept us up but in the summer the movement in the window was good.

However, how he has managed us on the pitch is something that a lot of managers have done over the years which has ended in failure... negatively. We are clearly not fit enough, something that should have been a must for this season. They should have been pushed to the limit pre season. But the main issues is why do we not back ourselves and take it to the opposition whoever they may be ?? Attack, we have the players, we have the fans to get behind this, we have the goals in the team. We wouldnt mind losing or drawing if were going for it. But were not.

Instead he has done what so many have in the past, been cautious, mismanaged the players (which has resulted in Corbeanu which is a massive blow) and lost a lot of fans faith.

We lost 5-0 under Monk and lets be honest he should have gone then..... he didnt and we endured far too long with that 'manager'. We lost 5-0 last week, lets not hang about this time. 

How are you determining the players aren't fit enough?

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

How are you determining the players aren't fit enough?

Just a general observation. They tire easily and the number of late goals we concede has to be in some part down to fatigue. In no part do we ever dominate a game and although all of these have other connotations but i do believe if we had a better level of fitness these things would be less apparent.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Now i know we have not been blessed with the best managers in the last 20 odd years and Moore is by no means the worst but he is displaying a fantastic example of how NOT to manage a big club with large support and over ambitious fan base.

Now rightly or wrongly we are a ambitious fanbase, and i think we all think we as a club should be at a higher level than what we are, thats not up for debate. But we are where we are and the clearout was needed.

What Moore did in the summer window was quite impressive under the circumstances. Give him his dues. He should IMO have kept us up but in the summer the movement in the window was good.

However, how he has managed us on the pitch is something that a lot of managers have done over the years which has ended in failure... negatively. We are clearly not fit enough, something that should have been a must for this season. They should have been pushed to the limit pre season. But the main issues is why do we not back ourselves and take it to the opposition whoever they may be ?? Attack, we have the players, we have the fans to get behind this, we have the goals in the team. We wouldnt mind losing or drawing if were going for it. But were not.

Instead he has done what so many have in the past, been cautious, mismanaged the players (which has resulted in Corbeanu which is a massive blow) and lost a lot of fans faith.

We lost 5-0 under Monk and lets be honest he should have gone then..... he didnt and we endured far too long with that 'manager'. We lost 5-0 last week, lets not hang about this time. 

It isn't really negative tactics, it's a possession based strategy that is all the rage in modern tactical thinking.

We just don't do it very well and I'm not sure it's suited to this level. I agree with you, we aren't fit enough, to make this strategy work, you need to be on the move constantly to be available for passes, we stand still and are covered so the man with the ball has no options available, in trying to make a pass he gives the ball away or he's pressed and loses possession. Exactly what you don't want in possession football. Because of the lack of fitness we can't move, there's no pass on so the ball goes sideways, backwards and it becomes the negative football you complain about.

If we were fitter the players could be constantly on the move, pass options open up, we can then play a tika taka style, keep possession, look for openings and run the opposition ragged. If the ball has to go back it's only so we can move it forward to try again.

The tactic works if done right, play a high line press on their back line and a high defensive line to compress the play and use our greater skill to the best effect. To do that you need fast CB's, the pace of Iorfa being missing stops that option.

I'm not a great fan of those tactics but they can work well if done correctly... we don't do it correctly.

• Like 3

We lost 5-0 last week, lets not hang about this time. 

I think that shipped has sailed. And if we were to sack Moore today, how many months do you think it will take Chansiri to appoint a replacement?

10 minutes ago, bobness said:

I think that shipped has sailed. And if we were to sack Moore today, how many months do you think it will take Chansiri to appoint a replacement?

Move quick and try and nab carlos before he goes to that brasilian outfit

• Haha 5

Just a general observation. They tire easily and the number of late goals we concede has to be in some part down to fatigue. In no part do we ever dominate a game and although all of these have other connotations but i do believe if we had a better level of fitness these things would be less apparent.  

I agree and I’d go a bit further.
This team haven’t played at a high tempo for more than 45 minutes this season and the fact that they’re repeatedly pulling up with soft tissue injuries would support this view. I can understand this with unfit players who been without a club when they first arrive, but our seasoned pro’s are also affected.

• Like 3

With all the signing by Moore other than the keeper the best players were here before Moore arrived.

His inability to create a team after 24 games has gone is shocking. The players look like most of them are meeting their team mates for the first time 

They are so many issues to list - Moore has had enough time the only way is down further if he stays.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, prowl said:

It isn't really negative tactics, it's a possession based strategy that is all the rage in modern tactical thinking.

We just don't do it very well and I'm not sure it's suited to this level. I agree with you, we aren't fit enough, to make this strategy work, you need to be on the move constantly to be available for passes, we stand still and are covered so the man with the ball has no options available, in trying to make a pass he gives the ball away or he's pressed and loses possession. Exactly what you don't want in possession football. Because of the lack of fitness we can't move, there's no pass on so the ball goes sideways, backwards and it becomes the negative football you complain about.

If we were fitter the players could be constantly on the move, pass options open up, we can then play a tika taka style, keep possession, look for openings and run the opposition ragged. If the ball has to go back it's only so we can move it forward to try again.

The tactic works if done right, play a high line press on their back line and a high defensive line to compress the play and use our greater skill to the best effect. To do that you need fast CB's, the pace of Iorfa being missing stops that option.

I'm not a great fan of those tactics but they can work well if done correctly... we don't do it correctly.

This is absolutely correct 

• Thanks 2