What Is The Future Of Our Great Club

Treat watching wednesday as a day on lash with friends and family..its a lot less stessfull and you can still enjoy it..Shrewsbury was a top day out..apart from the match..the mad scramble for tickets for every away game tends to suggest a lot of people think like me

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Green Calx said:

My main worry is that he will actually allow this club to die with absolutely zero thought for us fans. 

Can anyone confidently see Chansiri dragging us out of this mess on his own? 

His arrogance will be the death of swfc. 

Absolutely spot on fella...... We need investment...... Nobody will touch us while DC is In charge..... And he's to arrogant to except he's failed n move on.... 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Brommers said:

I'd be interested to learn what plans have been in place under previous regimes?

Don't get me wrong I truly believe, DC has made a reyt mess if things so I'm not supporting his Stewardship.

I wasn't so much referring to previous plans at this club to be honest, that's kind of part of the problem. We've just bounced around being average for so long and got used to changing managers every so often that that's just become the accepted thing.

I'd like to try and do something different, have some kind of philosophy that runs through the club. Be it we focus on youth or we focus on a style of play or that we have a recruitment strategy in place that can grow the club. Just something to get behind beyond 3PM on a Saturday or 7:45 on a Tuesday evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I wasn't so much referring to previous plans at this club to be honest, that's kind of part of the problem. We've just bounced around being average for so long and got used to changing managers every so often that that's just become the accepted thing.

I'd like to try and do something different, have some kind of philosophy that runs through the club. Be it we focus on youth or we focus on a style of play or that we have a recruitment strategy in place that can grow the club. Just something to get behind beyond 3PM on a Saturday or 7:45 on a Tuesday evening.

Can't disagree with that Tom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Take your "Scorched Earth Economics" and do one Dejphon...... lol

"Scorched earth"? This is what the club is worth, mate. And that's not even including the stadium!

:Chansiri:

Edited by bobness
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Animis said:

It's quite depressing really. I really can't think of any positives at the moment. I don't even think we'll mount any challenge for the play offs this season, and drift around with the shambles of this formation and style of play until DM is fired.

DC will talk the next manager up and we'll go on another lap of mediocracy, until he's fired. We can't even get a cup run going anymore. In fact we close to being a redundant football club.

Sadly it's that predictable isn't it.

10 hours ago, swfcAH said:

The fact we have a banner on the Kop essentially thanking Chansiri for relegating us is ridiculous 

It is, it really is. Having read through the thread it’s clear there’s one common denominator. We’re also a fan base which has become that used to it all it’s just become 2nd nature. The fact the banner is in place just proves the point. How anyone can thank this man is unbelievable. He’s the reason we are where we are. He’s the reason we’re sick of poor managers. He’s the reason we’re failing miserably and will continue to do so. The change needed is at the top. As they say, wake up and smell the coffee. 

Best not to think about it all, just accept that deep inside your empty cold heart that you are an owl and there's nothing you can do about it except wait.

Just hunker down with a bottle of whisky and wait for the eternal wheel of football fortune to come back and shine on us.

Actually, you might want a second bottle on stand by, it may be a while.

20 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Unless Chansiri has a sudden change of tactic the future doesn't look great.

With the way he runs the club at best I think we'll only ever be a mid to lower half Championship team that bounces between there and League One. What I mean by that is you're basically relying on appointing a manager who can perform miracles and get you beyond that point.

There's no plan, there's nothing really for the fans to get excited about, the current manager doesn't have the backing of the fans. For me in the summer (well now really but it's easier to do in the summer) there needs to be a proper look into every area of the club, come up with a plan that can help both the footballing side and the off the pitch side to reach their maximum. Appoint a director of football and a chief executive to run the club. But he won't do these things and that's why you can't get too excited about the future.

Wednesday will probably always be able to attract players at this level but you need more than that, why has this division sucked in Sunderland and Ipswich or Portsmouth and Charlton. All with more recent Premier League experience than us. One season can easily become three or four.

Nothing will change with Chansiri in charge, and I can’t see him going anywhere. 

Most people would accept the failure, cut their losses and sell up. But not our guy. He is a serial failure, and, unfortunately for us, a stayer. 

I really fear for the clubs future with this inept clown. There is absolutely no chance of him actually building a club for the modern times of football. 

And he’s not going anywhere.