What Is The Future Of Our Great Club

Unbelievable. Sat here in NZ thinking exactly the same. Reading the forum at the moment is hard work, there isn't a shred of good news to be had.

In the summer it felt like we'd possibly turned a corner, there we signs that things were being done properly. Unfortunately though, we'll be a basket case while ever DC is running us because it seems we'll always be paying the price of his diabolic decision making and leadership.

He took a blank canvas, sh@t all over it and thinks he's quadrupled its value...........wtf.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We're essentially a "zombie club"....... No longer big, but unable to be anything less than that. Like a drowning man caught in a rip, treading water but at the same time running out of energy.

Our timing is eternally bad, we couldn't even get being sh!t right......if we were in the condition we were when MM sold us to DC right now there would be a queue of potential buyers IMO. And, increasingly the buyers in todays market seem to be more astute although admittedly bad and incompetent owners will always be a possibility.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Guest DoesJackHunt

Phoenix Club

Sheffield Super Owls FC 

we’ll play on the carpark at Morrison’s in Hillsborough and all our players must be direct descendants of Mick Lyons.

17 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Phoenix Club

Sheffield Super Owls FC 

we’ll play on the carpark at Morrison’s in Hillsborough and all our players must be direct descendants of Mick Lyons.

Imagine half time pies and sarnies at Crawshaw's Butchers! 

Or a big cooked chicken from.deli counter if your particularly peckish.

I'm in!!!

• Haha 1

Unless Chansiri has a sudden change of tactic the future doesn't look great.

With the way he runs the club at best I think we'll only ever be a mid to lower half Championship team that bounces between there and League One. What I mean by that is you're basically relying on appointing a manager who can perform miracles and get you beyond that point.

There's no plan, there's nothing really for the fans to get excited about, the current manager doesn't have the backing of the fans. For me in the summer (well now really but it's easier to do in the summer) there needs to be a proper look into every area of the club, come up with a plan that can help both the footballing side and the off the pitch side to reach their maximum. Appoint a director of football and a chief executive to run the club. But he won't do these things and that's why you can't get too excited about the future.

Wednesday will probably always be able to attract players at this level but you need more than that, why has this division sucked in Sunderland and Ipswich or Portsmouth and Charlton. All with more recent Premier League experience than us. One season can easily become three or four.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I can’t disagree with much of what already has been said. It’s been said in another thread which is totally on the mark for me about communication between the club and the fan base.

It’s virtually none existent. This might be a reason why the local media cop a lot of criticism as they are the ones that do communicate what they know is happening at the club and as we know the majority of it is negative?

I expected DC to have tried to facilitate an exit from the club by now. As I thought 

relegation from the championship in the circumstances that it happened would’ve been the last straw? But he’s still but very much here but keeping an even lower profile than before.

I don’t see things changing for quite a while and we’ll continue to meander along until a manager gets a grip of the situation on the field despite the restrictions and negativity that seems to continue continually to surround the club. I’m still hoping Moore is that man as I dread to think who DC will appoint next if he isn’t?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Our future is to hope and pray that the most incompetent business man in the world "gets lucky" and gets us to the EPL, thus making himself rich.

We are a vehicle for someone else's future.  Not our own.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The problems are so deep rooted and go back at least 50 years whis is really where the decline started. In that time we had about 5 years where we dared to dream again. All we got was 1 league Cup.

DC is just another owner who had the opportunity to lay the foundations and build but failed although sure he had the best of intentions. Somehow we need to accept that we are a 3rd tier club with no right to get success and plan for steady progress. Problem is mindset of the club / owners and fans who keep saying we're to big for the league etc.

So no answers or solutions other than patience and steady planned growth.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Morepork said:

Unbelievable. Sat here in NZ thinking exactly the same. Reading the forum at the moment is hard work, there isn't a shred of good news to be had.

In the summer it felt like we'd possibly turned a corner, there we signs that things were being done properly. Unfortunately though, we'll be a basket case while ever DC is running us because it seems we'll always be paying the price of his diabolic decision making and leadership.

He took a blank canvas, sh@t all over it and thinks he's quadrupled its value...........wtf.

How I envy you NZ? My dream life. 

• Like 1