Garry Monk on Talksport

17 hours ago, room0035 said:

It is telling that no one has touched him since he left us, he has failed to deliver at every club he has managed, he has fallen out with senior players and left every club in a worse position with players that are not good enough.

a truly useless manager. 

If we had got the other Gary from Birmingham (Rowett) we would now be a league one team.

We are a league 1 team

• Haha 1

Never before have I heard of a manager joining a club and not able to bring in any training staff for nearly a year.
Managing a club where the players weren’t being paid properly as well as having to negotiate transfer windows trying to bring players into a club with beforementioned payment problems and with a 12 point deduction.

Despite all this we clawed back the points deduction and was on course to avoid relegation from the championship. 

Villified by owlstalk for his performance yet since he has been sacked our performances have got worse and the subsequent drop in points means we got relegated. We are now an average team in the league below.

Villified by owlstalk for “freezing out” Westy and hutch - they were both brought back and both are either injured or when they did play they were/are absolutely crap. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Was in a tough situation when he was at Wednesday but ultimately wasn't good enough to turn it around.

Think he was spot on though with Westwood and Hutchinson. 

Agree about WW & SH...but i feel if he would have stayed we would have remained a Championship Club.....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Never before have I heard of a manager joining a club and not able to bring in any training staff for nearly a year.
Managing a club where the players weren’t being paid properly as well as having to negotiate transfer windows trying to bring players into a club with beforementioned payment problems and with a 12 point deduction.

Despite all this we clawed back the points deduction and was on course to avoid relegation from the championship. 

Villified by owlstalk for his performance yet since he has been sacked our performances have got worse and the subsequent drop in points means we got relegated. We are now an average team in the league below.

Villified by owlstalk for “freezing out” Westy and hutch - they were both brought back and both are either injured or when they did play they were/are absolutely crap. 

Wont go down well on here but this 100%   

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Django said:

To be fair to Monk he was doing great until THAT Christmas. We were solid and getting done excellent results. What happened Boxing Day onwards (wages not paid?) must have been pretty drastic to see us go from 3rd to a relegation battle 

agreed here very drastic demise i don't think to Monk

• Thanks 1

Time really does make people on here forget.

Carlos is a god to some people on here.

Moore has been here about a third of time as Monk was given.  The performances we some of the worst i've ever seen.  And he was given over 12 months to rectify it.

We were literally surrendering before kick off.  The 3-1 defeat to Derby makes me shudder when looking back.

• Thanks 1

Guest Jack the Hat
21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Incorrect

Monk was on track statistically to keep us up (JUST) despite players not getting paid, embargoes etc etc

We got rid

We got relegated

You must be talking on a points per game basis which is out of context because exponentially the trajectory of the results in the run up to his sacking was below that average. That said we managed to appoint an even worse manager and still nearly stayed up, so he may have done it.

30 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Time really does make people on here forget.

Carlos is a god to some people on here.

Moore has been here about a third of time as Monk was given.  The performances we some of the worst i've ever seen.  And he was given over 12 months to rectify it.

We were literally surrendering before kick off.  The 3-1 defeat to Derby makes me shudder when looking back.

To be fair I think every manager from and including Brian Laws has had at least 1-2 games that made you dread ever watching Wednesday again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

Just to clarify that when the above poster says 'owlstalk' he means many Owls fans and not me or everyone on this site

Ta 

Owlstalk Shop

22 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

You must be talking on a points per game basis which is out of context because exponentially the trajectory of the results in the run up to his sacking was below that average. That said we managed to appoint an even worse manager and still nearly stayed up, so he may have done it.

Whats more relevant is in his last 2 matches we beat Bournemouth and drew at Millwall, hardly results that would indicate he had lost the dressing room,and at a time when he wouldn't play KW or SH...

I thought myself that we should have given him 6 more games to see if those results continued....