BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

Nice one Daz. Instead of playing Theo wide in a 4-3-3 or wide in a 4-2-3-1 to get the best out of him attacking, we play him once a month at left wing back. Totally mismanaged a player that everyone could see had bags of potential and ability. Give him the ball out wide with not much defending to think about and you probably have one of the most exciting players in the league. Play him left wing back and make him think about tracking oppositions wide men and you have a waste of talent. Can't wait for the game at MK now, watch him rip the league up in the second half of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As usual, people getting giddy. He was decent, and may turn out to be very decent, but I think he was the right player at the wrong time. Re him not playing recently, Wolves probably told us weeks ago he was going back, hence why he hasn’t featured recently. 

Players come and go. Let’s see who we replace him with before wetting the bed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Moore is gonna struggle to convince players to sign or stay and buy into his methods when he’s playing wingers at centre half isn’t he really

Oh I don't know, isn't that one of the job characteristics people strive for, no day is ever the same, you come into work and don't know what's coming for you.  The excitement of the unknown.  You could be playing left wing, you could be playing centre back, you could be having a break from the first team for a few weeks despite being fully fit, the world really is your oyster down at S6.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vulva said:

As usual, people getting giddy. He was decent, and may turn out to be very decent, but I think he was the right player at the wrong time. Re him not playing recently, Wolves probably told us weeks ago he was going back, hence why he hasn’t featured recently. 

Players come and go. Let’s see who we replace him with before wetting the bed. 

He started against Shrewsbury, Crewe & MK Dons, and came on against Sunderland & Wycombe. Only game he’s missed is Portsmouth where he was an unused sub. 

The underuse of him before December is why he’s going back, and everyone sort of knew it would be. To continuously play him after this is the more worrying thing. Surely they knew he was going back, but continually selected him over players we actually own. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's what you get if you don't play em

It's also the risk you take if your club ends up in the situation where you have to rely on bringing in shedloads of loan players

Without a doubt the best of our loan players, yet Moore insists on playing the binman instead. 

Forkin crazy. 

• Haha 1

Really poor management. Signed a load of wingers, then didn’t bother playing with wingers. Used Theo as a wingback who’d never played that role previously as far as I’m aware. 

The one spark we’ve had in the side this season, but often benched.

As others have said though, who’s actually improved this season? Wing was brilliant for Rotherham, now he looks terrible. Same with Shodipo, scored 10 last season. But for us he’s looked really poor. 

Poor 

Edited by bigdan2003

1 minute ago, Mid Wicket said:

This was on the cards when Wolves supposedly started asking questions why he wasn't getting game time. Mis management of a bright young talent, not the first time over the last few years.

Going a bit OT, but I've been reading up a bit on Liam Manning, Head Coach at MK Dons.

Immediate observation is that he is the sort of bold, left field appointment that we're crying out for (although a lot of our fans would immediately complain that he's never achieved anything and isn't a big enough name for us).

He also, though, has a reputation for developing young players. Perhaps Wolves saw MK Dons as a better environment for Theo - less pressure, less expectation, more playing opportunities.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

The only exciting player in our squad - and he's off. 

Cheers Darren 

Yes!

I wonder what Daz will say (assuming I ain't missed it).

Wonder if he asked to be moved because of Moore's reluctance to play him...or Wolves stepped in and wanted him at a club that tries to win games.

Just now, Maddogbob said:

I seem to remember us losing Marshall and replacing him with Antonio. I'm not suggesting for one minute that that kind of season will repeat itself.

However this kind of thing has happened before.

My prediction is that the club will announce a new signing tonight or tomorrow

To take the sting off the current criticism aimed at SWFC and Moore

Owlstalk Shop