BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

20 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

It really isn’t about not performing badly…….. It’s about playing well & influencing games…….. making himself undroppable & learning his trade both in games & in training…….. He clearly has done well enough in either for me!

I would say he did influence those few games he started.

We won 4,  drew 1

He clearly did influence the games in those 5 starts. We won 4 drew, 1, scored 11 goals of which he scored 2 and provide the assist for 2.

As for training,  how do you know that he doesn't 'do enough'?

Anyway it's what happens on the pitch that counts. Berahino might be amazing in training but he can't produce the goods come Saturday.

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

Vastly overrated player by some of our fans. I wasn't impressed with his performance against Shrewsbury, spent most of game falling over.

At Sunderland and Shrewsbury he looked uncertain of what was expected of him, lacking in confidence,  , so no surprise he has left.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Get Mendez Laing flying and he will be a better asset for us at this stage than Theo. 

How long has Moore known Theo would be recalled? Perhaps the decision was made some time ago and kept secret. Maybe Mendez Laing was brought in as a replacement.

• Like 2

Guest 123adam789
4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Get Mendez Laing flying and he will be a better asset for us at this stage than Theo. 

I think thats was also suggested regarding Berinho. Thats worked out well.

Should never have been played at wing back in the first place...Moore's stupid tactics have cost us games and now players.

He is a young kid and a bit inconsistent but at least you could see he had raw ability. Moore is a complete shambles of a manager i'd rather have Jos with Irvine as his number two its that bad.

Completely fed up of the people in positions of power at our football club being fecking usless at their jobs

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Guest 123adam789
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That's what you get if you don't play em

It's also the risk you take if your club ends up in the situation where you have to rely on bringing in shedloads of loan players

And that come full circle to the owner who was solely responsible for getting us into this position. Not this manager or previous ones, the owner. They may be crap managers but they have also been dealt shiit hands. 

However you look at this it's a major failure. He's been one of our better players and he's being moved on to a promotion rival in the same division. 

You couldn't make this up. Shambles.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Watch him smash up the league now he’s at another club

Only swfc can mess up a players progress

I think you may be right, presumably Wolves have made it a condition that he gets regular football in a position he’s suited to, that will only help improve him.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I would say he did influence those few games he started.

We won 4,  drew 1

He clearly did influence the games in those 5 starts. We won 4 drew, 1, scored 11 goals of which he scored 2 and provide the assist for 2.

As for training,  how do you know that he doesn't 'do enough'?

Anyway it's what happens on the pitch that counts. Berahino might be amazing in training but he can't produce the goods come Saturday.

Exactly 

He also gave Sunderland a right runaround at Hillsborough. However in a stroke of managerial genius Darren Moore thought it best he didn’t play in the  return fixture 

:ghoulguy:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is ALL down to Moore.......................spent all summer recruiting for 4-2-3-1, only to abandon it after about 6 weeks.

Once we switched to 3-5-2  trying Corbeneau in a front two giving him free reign made far more sense than wingback.

I hate to say , but the more I see DM in action the more clueless he seems.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Miffed said:

Here we go....... Corbenau is suddenly a world beater and Moore is the worst human on earth.

Nobody is saying that. But in terms of attacking ability, he’s the best player at the club. Direct dribbling skills along with great confidence. Nobody else in our squad has those same capabilities. Nobody else in the squad can carry the ball like that and beat his man in the same way. Yes, he’s going to make mistakes at just 19. Of course he is. But he’s been criminally underused. He’s only started 6 games. Yet from those 6 starts, he’s scored 2 goals and has had 2 assists. And he should have a lot more assists, as some of the chances that he’s provided, were great chances which were unfortunately squandered. 

It’s okay being sarcastic, but we’ve got a guy as our manager who doesn’t make HT changes when we we go in 0-3 at the break.

A guy who’s took a talented prospect who plays as a right winger, only to play him now and again as a left WB.

Even if you think he’s overrated etc, you cannot be happy with this situation. 

We’re still one of the lowest scorers in the league.

We’re still outside the play offs, where none of us know what the team’s going to look like in the next match. 

We’ve got a CB crisis, yet are still playing with 3 CB’s, one of who’s is a right back, and one of who’s a left winger. 

We are going nowhere with this manager, and this is just another frustrating slap in the face. 

If played consistently in his preferred position, in an attack minded team who likes to play football, Theo will absolutely thrive in this league, and at our cost. 

The club is a joke from top to bottom. 

• Like 5