BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

Talented he is but very wasteful as well. Often tried too much IMO. Mendez Lang looks really good. Would have been nice to see them both out wide but if I was to choose one to keep, from the little we’ve seen of him it would be Mendez for me. Probably not a popular opinion.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I’m sure he was signed with the intention of playing as a side forward. Unfortunately since then we’ve changed our formation and he’s been limited to wingback. 

He’s not a great wingback, he may be a great wife forward but we will never get to see that. 

2 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Talented he is but very wasteful as well. Often tried too much IMO. Mendez Lang looks really good. Would have been nice to see them both out wide but if I was to choose one to keep, from the little we’ve seen of him it would be Mendez for me. Probably not a popular opinion.

Plus one is our asset the other belongs to someone else. I’d rather us develop our own players than others! 

If our midfield wasn’t soft as shybo, having him one side, NML the other may have been an exciting prospect. Unfortunately both have to defend more than they get to attack.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

On balance you're probably right.

2 hours ago, Miffed said:

Here we go....... Corbenau is suddenly a world beater and Moore is the worst human on earth.

I do get your irony but it might be fair to say that Corbenau was an exciting younger that sparked some hope and Moore is a dullard that extinguishes any hope.

• Like 2

Weird.

Before the Covid spike upset the fixtures, we appeared to have turned a corner. Was playing attacking football and started to score more often and learned how to come back from being a goal down. We were looking up with optimism.

Now we're playing crap and losing our brightest talent (loaned from sodding Wolves) to MK Dons!

What is it with this club and Xmas time?

If we're not sacking managers, we'll find another way to self-implode at this time of year instead.

I'm really starting to believe that Hillsborough is cursed.

Guest 123adam789
2 hours ago, Miffed said:

Here we go....... Corbenau is suddenly a world beater and Moore is the worst human on earth.

Well it is odd. No one as said Moore is the worse person on earth nor is Corenau is a world beater. However he is one of the better players we have at the club and I cant blame Wolves for recalling him as hes been messed about with here. But we have an abundance of talent here just chomping at the bit and raring to go. FFS

Must be a sign of bad management at our club if he is going to a club in the same division.

One of the few players we had who could take on a player, not the finished article but a great 19 year old prospect.

I’m begging to wish I hadn’t renewed for next season as we are still going to no e a third division club.

1 minute ago, spiderman said:

He had no end product........ffs lets move on......they'll be others........

Excluding Papa John nonsense only 2 players have more assists this season (Bannan and Gregory) and he's played a lot less. 

There are also only three players who have scored more goals (Gregory, Kamberi and Adeniran). 

He might be a bit hit and miss but he's more hit than a lot of our other players. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

My prediction is that the club will announce a new signing tonight or tomorrow

To take the sting off the current criticism aimed at SWFC and Moore

Agree with you, however this shouldn't distract from the moronic treatment he's received from the current manager.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

I think your opinion is spot on to be honest. Him leaving will free up space for NML and Marvellous Marvin Johnson. Getting Johnson back into his proper position and as long as the recruitment fills the gaps at the back I can't see a problem at all.

• Haha 1