BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

FACT CHECK

Can someone check this statistic and tell me if it's correct?

Theo has started 8 out of the last 15 games under Moore and has come on as sub in others

Started 6 in the league all season.

He has come on from the bench 7 times for a grand total of 176 mins.

Starts:

Sunderland H - Won

Gillingham H - Drew

Accrington A - Won

MK Dons H - Won

Crewe A - Won

Shrewsbury A - Lost

He started and scored in the only 2 games we have scored more than 2 goals all season (Sunderland and Accrington).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, casbahowl said:

Because he’s a country mile away from being championship standard atm!

It would be out of the clubs hands if wolves wanted him to play at a higher level (like when we lost K Jones) but when you lose one of your better players for other reasons it’s a mess that’s all I’m saying. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

I seem to remember us losing Marshall and replacing him with Antonio. I'm not suggesting for one minute that that kind of season will repeat itself.

However this kind of thing has happened before.

Let's hope he's not the new Ben Marshall with people praying for us to sign him every transfer window until he retires. 

16 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

It’s a shame as he has real potential but even when he’s started he’s only really affected the Sunderland home game ……….. Maybe the expectation at Hillsborough was too much for him & unfortunately we saw more performances like the one he put in at Shrewsbury than the one at home to Sunderland…….. Maybe the move to MK to play in front of 5k less than passionate fans, with considerably lower expectations will improve his confidence & consistency………I’m not really too fussed about this but each to their own!

Really?

Apart from the Shrewsbury game which games did he perform badly in?

The other 5 games he started we won 4, drew1, he scored 2 and assisted for 2.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Really?

Apart from the Shrewsbury game which games did he perform badly in?

The other 5 games he started we won 4, drew1, he scored 2 and assisted for 2.

It really isn’t about not performing badly…….. It’s about playing well & influencing games…….. making himself undroppable & learning his trade both in games & in training…….. He clearly has done well enough in either for me!

As he doesn’t play much for us, and certainly not in his best position, will it really make much difference. I thought Mendez Laing started to show on Sunday that he’ll be more effective than Corbeanu  on the left.

If Theo does end up at MK Dons you can bet he’ll be playing regularly and not at left wing back.

If he does go back well done Darren and his team 👏 👏 the only real creativity we had going forward utter miss management not just him but all over the pitch! Was looking forward to this season I honestly thought we had a strong squad, but you have turned decent players into utter garbage in some cases (Shodipo, wing) both did well last year. most of what u have signed have championship experience Adeniran, Gregory, Hunt, Brown, Byers, Johnson, Berahino all championship experience but not one of them have stood out in league 1 way out of your depth I'm afraid!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

It’s a shame as he has real potential but even when he’s started he’s only really affected the Sunderland home game ……….. Maybe the expectation at Hillsborough was too much for him & unfortunately we saw more performances like the one he put in at Shrewsbury than the one at home to Sunderland…….. Maybe the move to MK to play in front of 5k less than passionate fans, with considerably lower expectations will improve his confidence & consistency………I’m not really too fussed about this but each to their own!

MK Dons averaging 8,735 this season, although I don't see what that has to do with anything. Theo will already be used to looking at 20,000 empty seats.  It's just changing blue plastic seats to black cushioned ones.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Lincs Owl said:

MK Dons averaging 8,735 this season, although I don't see what that has to do with anything. Theo will already be used to looking at 20,000 empty seats.  It's just changing blue plastic seats to black cushioned ones.  

Really?

18 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Started 6 in the league all season.

He has come on from the bench 7 times for a grand total of 176 mins.

Starts:

Sunderland H - Won

Gillingham H - Drew

Accrington A - Won

MK Dons H - Won

Crewe A - Won

Shrewsbury A - Lost

He started and scored in the only 2 games we have scored more than 2 goals all season (Sunderland and Accrington).

Wow can’t believe he’s only started 6 games for us. 

No wonder wolves have recalled him.