BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Bump. Moore played a blinder replacing this lad with Mendez Laing. 

A blinder?

The thing is, he didn’t have to replace him.

He could have remained in our squad along with NML.

Whilst people can point out that he didn’t make a contribution tonight in a game where we had an outstanding win, had he have stayed, we might well be in a better position instead of yoyoing between 5th and 6th so late on in the season. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

Really?

Based on what?

A poor 20 odd mins tonight?

I don’t believe that Moore was right. 

I’d rather have him in our squad. 

He went to the MK Dons and won player of the month in January. He was then ill, and has since struggled to get back in the side. 

Tonight he didn’t play great. 

However, we’re still hovering between 5th and 6th, despite doing the double over the MK Dons and Wigan, as well as having beaten Rotherham once. 

That should tell you that the squad we have/had WAS capable of going up automatically. 

The 13 draws are what’s cost us an automatic spot. 

We wasted how many matches not regularly playing Theo on the right.

We wasted how many matches playing Johnson as a CB. 

I’m a big fan of NML, but we didn’t have to swap him for Theo. We could have had both of them. 

Just because Theo hasn’t had huge success with the MK Dons since he left, it doesn’t mean that he couldn’t have had success had he have stayed. 

Letting any talented player go when it’s not necessary is always a mistake. 

The fact remains that when he left we didn’t have anyone better in his position, and NML was a gamble. And although he’s done very well, nobody would claim that he’s been amazing. 

It was obvious that this thread would be bumped. It’s all too predictable on here. Yes, it was a great win tonight. An outstanding performance. But I’m not going to celebrate until the end of the season, if we go up. Because we may have to play these again. And another win against them isn’t a given, as we’ve seen all season. 

He’s crap. MK hardly playing him either 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

I’m very happy mate. But we’re 5th and we’ve got to go the play off route if we want to go up. And  letting a talented player go unnecessarily is nothing to celebrate. 

So talented that he’s now on his second club in this league where he can’t get consistent game time. He showed nothing tonight to suggest he’s a top end L1 player. To imply he’d have been the difference between where we are and finishing 2nd or 3rd is really fanciful IMO. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

A blinder?

The thing is, he didn’t have to replace him.

He could have remained in our squad along with NML.

Whilst people can point out that he didn’t make a contribution tonight in a game where we had an outstanding win, had he have stayed, we might well be in a better position instead of yoyoing between 5th and 6th so late on in the season. 

Hate arguments like this, you could also say we could be in a worse position if he had stayed.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

So talented that he’s now on his second club in this league where he can’t get consistent game time. He showed nothing tonight to suggest he’s a top end L1 player. To imply he’d have been the difference between where we are and finishing 2nd or 3rd is really fanciful IMO. 

First of all, when he wasn’t getting game time with us, we hardly created any chances, where we couldn’t beat teams like an injury ravaged Lincoln team at home. 

When he first signed for the MK Dons, he won player of the month in January and scored an outstanding goal against Portsmouth. He was then ill. Since his illness, he’s found it hard to get starts in a team that’s been consistently in the top 4, where they’ve only lost 2 league games in about 20 matches. 

There’s nothing fanciful about my post at all. 

The squad has done the double over the MK Dons and Wigan. 

We have proven that we have/had a squad capable of going up automatically.

The problem is the 13 draws and the woeful first 3rd of the season where Moore chopped and changed things and played the best crosser of the club as a make shift CB. 

So yes, had Theo and Marvin Johnson had played regularly in a balanced team with a positive, attacking mindset, things could well have been different. 

Theo scored 2 and made 2 in less than 10 starts, whilst been played out of position. 

Sure, he showed nothing much tonight. But we played great and they didn’t, and he only played about 30 mins.

Look at the bigger picture. Look at how talented he is, and reflect that even after an outstanding win, we’re still in 5th and can only go up via the play offs. It’s hardly time to pour the champagne. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

First of all, when he wasn’t getting game time with us, we hardly created any chances, where we couldn’t beat teams like an injury ravaged Lincoln team at home. 

When he first signed for the MK Dons, he won player of the month in January and scored an outstanding goal against Portsmouth. He was then ill. Since his illness, he’s found it hard to get starts in a team that’s been consistently in the top 4, where they’ve only lost 2 league games in about 20 matches. 

There’s nothing fanciful about my post at all. 

The squad has done the double over the MK Dons and Wigan. 

We have proven that we have/had a squad capable of going up automatically.

The problem is the 13 draws and the woeful first 3rd of the season where Moore chopped and changed things and played the best crosser of the club as a make shift CB. 

So yes, had Theo and Marvin Johnson had played regularly in a balanced team with a positive, attacking mindset, things could well have been different. 

Theo scored 2 and made 2 in less than 10 starts, whilst been played out of position. 

Sure, he showed nothing much tonight. But we played great and they didn’t, and he only played about 30 mins.

Look at the bigger picture. Look at how talented he is, and reflect that even after an outstanding win, we’re still in 5th and can only go up via the play offs. It’s hardly time to pour the champagne. 

“Look at how talented he is”

Based on a few flashes. Why isn’t he starting for MK Dons?

I appreciate your argument but just seems strangely obsessive tbh, but each to their own. I hope Theo goes on to have a good career but I’ve seen nothing to say it will be above L1 level. 

• Like 1

Too lightweight for League one, and not good enough for the Championship. DM absolutely nailed this one but most people can't see it or give him credit for it. Well done Darren Moore, got rid of the flotsam whilst some were thinking it had some use. The sign of a manager who knows what he's doing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Hate arguments like this, you could also say we could be in a worse position if he had stayed.  

Of course. You could make any argument. But realistically, I don’t believe that we’d have been in a worse position. 

He’s a talented lad who was playing well. He was a threat. He scored 2 and made 2 in less than 10 starts, whilst mostly been played out of position. 

Had Moore have played him in this current squad which has seen Johnson playing back in his natural position, I believe that we’d have had a real shot at the autos. It’s just a shame that he wasted the first 3rd of the season. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

“Look at how talented he is”

Based on a few flashes. Why isn’t he starting for MK Dons?

I appreciate your argument but just seems strangely obsessive tbh, but each to their own. I hope Theo goes on to have a good career but I’ve seen nothing to say it will be above L1 level. 

Obsessive how?

Being upset that we let a talented player go when we didn’t need to?

He’s clearly very talented.

Of course he’s still got many things to work on, hence the loan. 

He isn’t starting because he lost his place to a very good player who’s consistently played well whilst he was ill. 

We’ve had an outstanding result tonight, because the MK Dons have only lost about 2 games out of the last 20 odd. 

They’re a very good team. 

More consistent than us, hence their league position. 

You’ve seen nothing to suggest he’ll play above league 1 level?

Really?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Too lightweight for League one, and not good enough for the Championship. DM absolutely nailed this one but most people can't see it or give him credit for it. Well done Darren Moore, got rid of the flotsam whilst some were thinking it had some use. The sign of a manager who knows what he's doing.

He let a talented player go to a rival club when he didn’t need to. 

A talented player who could still have been part of our squad.

A player who he went out of his way to sign in the first place. 

That’s not good management. 

• Haha 3

Guest 1banana2banana
6 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

He let a talented player go to a rival club when he didn’t need to. 

A talented player who could still have been part of our squad.

A player who he went out of his way to sign in the first place. 

That’s not good management. 

I know people usually say this as a joke 

but 

are you actually Theo? Or his dad 

never seen so much written so angrily defending a player we had on loan for a few month 😂