2022 New Music

18 hours ago, ``` said:

Yard Act and Warmduscher have albums out soon... which is nice.

Love what I've heard from Cat Power 'Covers' album which is out next week I think.

Love warmsduscher.

Them, wet leg, idles, self esteem, Courtney Barnett are top of my wish list.

Gorillaz are playing festival here in Finland too but I'm wary about committing to expensive festival tickets at the moment.

Tears For Fears release their new album The Tipping Point in February and it will be epic

The title track is about the death of Roland's wife in 2017

He slowly watched her die, and the song is about when is the point that they are more dead than alive

Oh and Gandolf joined the band

Tears_for_Fears_-_The_Tipping_Point_Album_Cover.jpg.1463ffbaa99eb824e06f14885980a1b6.jpg

Tears-For-Fears.-Credit-Frank-W.Ockenfels.thumb.jpg.2b3d75d591afccbe7f40586691a3d25c.jpg

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU
  • Love 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

12 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Tears For Fears release their new album The Tipping Point in February and it will be epic

The title track is about the death of Roland's wife in 2017

He slowly watched her die, and the song is about when is the point that they are more dead than alive

Oh and Gandolf joined the band

Tears_for_Fears_-_The_Tipping_Point_Album_Cover.jpg.1463ffbaa99eb824e06f14885980a1b6.jpg

Tears-For-Fears.-Credit-Frank-W.Ockenfels.thumb.jpg.2b3d75d591afccbe7f40586691a3d25c.jpg

I LOVE that band

They don't love each other most of the time though do they?

lol

Creative anger and differences cause beautiful magic tho

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I LOVE that band

They don't love each other most of the time though do they?

lol

Creative anger and differences cause beautiful magic tho

There are better now than they've ever been

They made a new album in 2016 but Curt didn't like it, he said they were trying to be too modern and it didn't sound like them

They now call that the 'Broken' album and it might surface eventually. 

Two songs from that shelved album appeared on their 'Rule The World' hits album, I love you but I'm Lost and Stay.

Then Roland's wife died after a long illness, which is addressed in the title track, and another track which Roland wrote but Curt sings called Please Be Happy. Curt explained that he was very close to Roland's wife, and he had introduced the two having known her from school.

They sat down in 2020 and decided to start again, they picked the best 5 songs from the 'Broken' album, re worked them, and added 5 more songs.

If you get chance, listen to No Small Thing, it's the second single, it has to be watched alongside the video

It starts off beautifully then decends into all sorts of mayhem which is explained through the video

I can't wait, I think it's released on the anniversary of Songs From The Big Chair.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.