Darren Moore stats, courtesy of George Smith, football writer

Guest mrbluesky

Guest mrbluesky

Amid the current downward spiral #SWFC find themselves, I've looked at some stats. Some key findings: 1 - Wednesday have won just 33 of the 106 matches they have played in this decade so far. (25 league wins). 2 - Just 15 wins from their last 46 league games.

3 - Darren Moore has had 45 games in charge now (all comps). His record: 15W, 15D, 15L. Suggests #SWFC are coasting along and not making progress. 12 league wins in 38. 4 - The Owls have managed just two goals in their last five games (all comps), firing blanks in four.

5 - Only four L1 clubs have scored fewer first half goals at home this season than #SWFC (5). (Have played fewer home games than most, to be fair). 6 - The Owls have only scored three goals or more in two league games this season. Those above them better that with ease.

In conclusion, it suggests that Wednesday are currently coasting along and lack a ruthlessness (obviously) That does not look like changing that anytime soon on current evidence. The last two performances have been flat and, let's be honest, boring.

After what I saw against MK Dons and Wycombe Wanderers in November, I thought #SWFC had turned a corner. I left Hillsborough entertained and I was confident about what lied ahead. Since those two games Wednesday have gone backwards, big time. January is huge.

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

I’m just about to go back to work after 2 weeks off, thanks for making it more depressing :duntmatter:

I better not tell you about Beevers then lol

13 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

I’m just about to go back to work after 2 weeks off, thanks for making it more depressing :duntmatter:

What’s baffled me previously when Moore has had a good chunk of time between games is that the focus is always exclusively put on the next game. So we put 2 weeks of work into the next game, then rush a game plan for the following game into however many days follows. 

Why not just set out a way of playing then hammer that into the team every international break or extended period without games. Focus on us, not the next game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Amid the current downward spiral #SWFC find themselves, I've looked at some stats. Some key findings: 1 - Wednesday have won just 33 of the 106 matches they have played in this decade so far. (25 league wins). 2 - Just 15 wins from their last 46 league games.

3 - Darren Moore has had 45 games in charge now (all comps). His record: 15W, 15D, 15L. Suggests #SWFC are coasting along and not making progress. 12 league wins in 38. 4 - The Owls have managed just two goals in their last five games (all comps), firing blanks in four.

5 - Only four L1 clubs have scored fewer first half goals at home this season than #SWFC (5). (Have played fewer home games than most, to be fair). 6 - The Owls have only scored three goals or more in two league games this season. Those above them better that with ease.

In conclusion, it suggests that Wednesday are currently coasting along and lack a ruthlessness (obviously) That does not look like changing that anytime soon on current evidence. The last two performances have been flat and, let's be honest, boring.

After what I saw against MK Dons and Wycombe Wanderers in November, I thought #SWFC had turned a corner. I left Hillsborough entertained and I was confident about what lied ahead. Since those two games Wednesday have gone backwards, big time. January is huge.

Enough said,

Time to go..please....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Whoever is the manager in this current situation is going to need time. There is no quick fix solutions, the right person may endure a torrid time before they turn it round. Our fans are not prepared to give anyone time so until someone is afforded that , the situation will continue. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Manwë said:

Scary to think Moore has been here for 45 games and we still don't have a plan in place, or preferred lineup.

I think the preferred lineup is only partially correct. Too many injuries.

What is absolutely spot on though is the plan or style of play. It’s a mess of slow passing around defence and midfield with no one in attack running in behind opposing defenders.

The last time I saw a game plan being executed regularly was under Carlos and dare I say Bruno Lage.

True, the opposites knew what to expect but it was still difficult to play against. Attacking full backs with defensive midfielder dropping deep to cover them. A couple of hard running midfielders getting forward and chipping in with goals. Forwards making runs in behind defenders.

With the exception of Bruce’s  short tenure we’ve seen nothing like a recognisable style of play since.

• Like 2

Guest mrbluesky
56 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Whoever is the manager in this current situation is going to need time. There is no quick fix solutions, the right person may endure a torrid time before they turn it round. Our fans are not prepared to give anyone time so until someone is afforded that , the situation will continue. 

This is the thing, it's like the perfect storm, you have a chairman that has resisted sacking managers, which you can't fault (to a degree), but the flip side is, you have a chairman that has restricted any growth on the player front, because he simply doesn't believe in selling players on, and struggles to run a football club on and of the pitch, so you then have managers coming in signing substandard players, because in the main that's all we can sign, a bit like signing a team of free transfers and expect it work out, they (manager) then get the flack.

I've said it a million times, even if we had Pep here we would struggle.

We are a shambles of a club

We are on repeat with regard to the above, and for the umteenth time, as well...

WHEN WILL THE PENNY DROP?????? 

1 hour ago, Asio otus said:

45 games is ample time. Its a full season in normal circumstances. If there was even a glimmer of improvement or potential improvement then its a hope we can hold onto. 

Moore's personality doesn't bode well for a change anytime soon. 

Yes times are difficult but it's the same for every club. 

Clubs with less resources than us are showing more drive and enthusiasm than our club. 

Watch some of the higher league games and the immense mental pressure they are under and they come through. 

I watch a lot of football on TV and can honestly say I have yet to see a team with so little enthusiasm and cohesion as Wednesday. 

Teams press high up the field, throw themselves in front of shots as if their lives depended on it. 

Actually run at the opposition with the ball and several players busting a gut to get forward to support. 

That's about an individual and team mentality instilled by the manager. 

Ours don't and we havn't got a manager capable of instilling that mentality. 

Look at the 3 most successful managers at this time. 

Pep, Klopp and Tutchell or whatever his name is. 

They are frantic on the touchline. No player would dare walk off the pitch not having given his all to the team. 

No motivation from the coaches is our biggest problem. Get a manager in that instill fear into the players and they will perform better. 

Just my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I still cannot understand why he has reverted to a back three when we have a defender shortage due to injuries.

It doesn't make any sense and shows to me he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

His substitutions are consistently rubbish, ill timed and hardly ever effect the games.

Nice guy etc etc but useless manager in my eyes given the resources at his disposal.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

45 games is ample time. Its a full season in normal circumstances. If there was even a glimmer of improvement or potential improvement then its a hope we can hold onto. 

Moore's personality doesn't bode well for a change anytime soon. 

Yes times are difficult but it's the same for every club. 

Clubs with less resources than us are showing more drive and enthusiasm than our club. 

Watch some of the higher league games and the immense mental pressure they are under and they come through. 

I watch a lot of football on TV and can honestly say I have yet to see a team with so little enthusiasm and cohesion as Wednesday. 

Teams press high up the field, throw themselves in front of shots as if their lives depended on it. 

Actually run at the opposition with the ball and several players busting a gut to get forward to support. 

That's about an individual and team mentality instilled by the manager. 

Ours don't and we havn't got a manager capable of instilling that mentality. 

Look at the 3 most successful managers at this time. 

Pep, Klopp and Tutchell or whatever his name is. 

They are frantic on the touchline. No player would dare walk off the pitch not having given his all to the team. 

No motivation from the coaches is our biggest problem. Get a manager in that instill fear into the players and they will perform better. 

Just my opinion. 

Jumping down in the touchline does make a good manager, neither does instilling fear into players. The above managers have far more about them than that they are top coaches

plus they are working with world class players and have big budgets. Absolute nill comparison to us 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Yep sadly this is the case.

How many times have I read on here that if only we played 4-4-2 every game, played the same 11 and 'concentrated on ourselves and not the opposition' we would be top of the league.

Some people genuinely think football management is that simple. 

• Haha 1

As a team we don't make runs or move when we have the ball. The player has the ball at his feet but the rest largely stand  still, he's very little on for a pass. Other teams are constantly making little runs to pull the opposition out of position or to open angles for the pass. It's basic stuff.

It's not just Moore that has let this happen, it goes back a while.

We never play the ball inside the full back. Watch Corbeanu, he stands still waiting for the ball to feet and then tries to beat his man, if he made a run the ball could be played inside the full back and he's got the opportunity to cross the ball or get to the bye line with the defence in tatters.

Is he instructed not to?

Most of this is simple stuff, has it been coached out of the players?

• Like 2