Anne

34 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

Not really……I presume you think I’m not allowed to have a differing point of view. No doubt you’re right as you’ve watched jimmy mcgoverns take on things. Unlike him….I was there .

You presume wrong, this is about a mothers fight to find the truth of what happened to her son and if he could have been saved, so part 2, yes really.

You and Kopman should exchange numbers and have in-depth about who you think was really to blame.

This thread is the wrong place for that.

15 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

thanks Neil, point taken. I don’t think the Liverpool fans were to blame but to suggest they weren’t part of the situation is just not right. Simply my personal opinion based on my experiences on the day, I appreciate that won’t nescesarily be the point of view everyone accepts.

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 14.52.46.png

Just for 100% clarity

I was there on the day with my brother 

We were stood with a ticket tout where the red dot is on the photo from mid afternoon till it all kicked off

I saw that day unfold up close

I thought I'd lost my brother on that day as he got swallowed up in the rush through that gate when it opened

This discussion is for another day/thread

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, BIG D said:

I can’t watch this and I sincerely mean no disrespect to anyone. 
I’ve just watched/listened to too much over the years. 

Just about to post this, I agree 100%. 

I'm a bit bemused as why dramas like this get made..is it to educate? to try and set a record straight?. Perhaps it's to explain events to a younger generation not born when this happened. I actually find it weird that if you are a 30 year old, this happened before you were born. 

In fairness, I wouldn't watch a drama about Kings Cross, the London Bombings or Lockerbie.  I don't need that misery in my life. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Just about to post this, I agree 100%. 

I'm a bit bemused as why dramas like this get made..is it to educate? to try and set a record straight?. Perhaps it's to explain events to a younger generation not born when this happened. I actually find it weird that if you are a 30 year old, this happened before you were born. 

In fairness, I wouldn't watch a drama about Kings Cross, the London Bombings or Lockerbie.  I don't need that misery in my life. 

To pay tribute to a brave woman who waged a campaign for what she thought was right. The equivalent would be a woman who spent 30 years trying to nail the Lockerbie bombers or the Bloody Sunday paras. It's not about misery. 

• Love 1

On 07/01/2022 at 14:54, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 14.52.46.png

Just for 100% clarity

I was there on the day with my brother 

We were stood with a ticket tout where the red dot is on the photo from mid afternoon till it all kicked off

I saw that day unfold up close

I thought I'd lost my brother on that day as he got swallowed up in the rush through that gate when it opened

This discussion is for another day/thread

I agree Neil, for the record I was about 30 feet away from you and your brother as a turnstile operator in that block of 3. I saw the day unfold up close too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

I agree Neil, for the record I was about 30 feet away from you and your brother as a turnstile operator in that block of 3. I saw the day unfold up close too.

I was stood on the Leppings lane bridge - hoping to get a ticket but no joy. I attic and watched in unfold outside the turnstiles- then about 3pm walked home as I knew I wasn’t getting in. 

Edited by Essix Blue

17 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

Yeah - horrible horrible day

Liverpool fans were just being football fans

The policing and what we've learned about organising these events these days would mean it wouldn't' have happened if it took place today

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah - horrible horrible day

Liverpool fans were just being football fans

The policing and what we've learned about organising these events these days would mean it wouldn't' have happened if it took place today

I don't know the Euro final at Wembley was a close run thing to being a disaster if reports are to be believed 

• Like 1

On 04/01/2022 at 22:09, mrbluesky said:

You are commenting on something you haven't watched.

Stop trolling this thread, fella, make your own, if you feel that strongly about something you clearly know little about. 

I know enough to know it will be one sided tripe

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kopman9 said:

I know enough to know it will be one sided tripe

Nope, you are showing your ignorance in this thread, just do your own thread with all you know 👍