Jump to content

Anne


Recommended Posts

Just watching the second one now. It’s a choker.

Got to admit I’d fallen for the press and police story, and feel ashamed of my blinkered thinking for all those years after.

 

Maythe families get the compensation they fully deserve.

 

RIP the 96

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, marconi said:

Just watching the second one now. It’s a choker.

Got to admit I’d fallen for the press and police story, and feel ashamed of my blinkered thinking for all those years after.

 

Maythe families get the compensation they fully deserve.

 

RIP the 96

Same here pal, shows you the power of the media, and the people in power, at the time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/01/2022 at 18:15, mrbluesky said:

Just about to watch the 2nd of 3, got to say this is extremely moving, it's really worth a watch. 

 

No thanks, written by someone who lives in Liverpool so guessing it doesnt tell the full story

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kopman9 said:

 

No thanks, written by someone who lives in Liverpool so guessing it doesnt tell the full story

You are commenting on something you haven't watched.

 

Stop trolling this thread, fella, make your own, if you feel that strongly about something you clearly know little about. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/01/2022 at 18:15, mrbluesky said:

Just about to watch the 2nd of 3, got to say this is extremely moving, it's really worth a watch. 


There are 4 episodes.

 

ive watched 3 and it’s superb and heart-wrenching. 
 

Maxine Peake is, as always, outstanding.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Holmowl said:


There are 4 episodes.

 

ive watched 3 and it’s superb and heart-wrenching. 
 

Maxine Peake is, as always, outstanding.

Yes, my bad, Maxine Peake, as you say, outstanding 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/01/2022 at 19:17, kopman9 said:

 

????

 

Why are the Liverpool fans that didnt have tickets rushing the turnstyles (something which they were known for) the elephant in the room that can never be talked about or brought up ?

 

They are brought up and clearly brought up as a factor, but even then, the mistakes by the Police and the subsequent follow up overrides it all. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/01/2022 at 21:35, marconi said:

Just watching the second one now. It’s a choker.

Got to admit I’d fallen for the press and police story, and feel ashamed of my blinkered thinking for all those years after. 



That's noble of you to admit mate 

The Sun and co did a right job on tabloid readers to the point they STILL won't admit they were totally and completely misled by the papers

  • Thanks 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/01/2022 at 21:35, marconi said:

Just watching the second one now. It’s a choker.

Got to admit I’d fallen for the press and police story, and feel ashamed of my blinkered thinking for all those years after.

 

Maythe families get the compensation they fully deserve.

 

RIP the 96

 Hats off to you Pal, 

 

You should hear my local pub when they get on to the subject - It's like a Murdock and Duckenfield love in.

 

I too believed it for over 20 years, they did a r8 job on us!

 

 

The General

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



I have absolute total respect for anyone who admits they were misled and wrong

 

Wish others would admit the same to themselves too

 

Even more so with Anti-Vaxxers and Qanon people


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

from my own personal experience I was neither misled or wrong neil. Please bear in mind this is a drama and as such supports the main protaganists who had apoint to prove which i respect, however certain aspects of this programme are trying to re write history.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

from my own personal experience I was neither misled or wrong neil. Please bear in mind this is a drama and as such supports the main protaganists who had apoint to prove which i respect, however certain aspects of this programme are trying to re write history.


I've not seen it mate


I'm just going on the posts suggesting it was Liverpool fans fault 

It wasn't 

That was a story in the tabloids that people took in, took onboard and ran with as facts when it was total bull.

  • Like 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

from my own personal experience I was neither misled or wrong neil. Please bear in mind this is a drama and as such supports the main protaganists who had apoint to prove which i respect, however certain aspects of this programme are trying to re write history.

Here we go…part 2

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Here we go…part 2


Not really……I presume you think I’m not allowed to have a differing point of view. No doubt you’re right as you’ve watched jimmy mcgoverns take on things. Unlike him….I was there .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:


I've not seen it mate


I'm just going on the posts suggesting it was Liverpool fans fault 

It wasn't 

That was a story in the tabloids that people took in, took onboard and ran with as facts when it was total bull.


thanks Neil, point taken. I don’t think the Liverpool fans were to blame but to suggest they weren’t part of the situation is just not right. Simply my personal opinion based on my experiences on the day, I appreciate that won’t nescesarily be the point of view everyone accepts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...