Anne

Just watching the second one now. It’s a choker.

Got to admit I’d fallen for the press and police story, and feel ashamed of my blinkered thinking for all those years after.

Maythe families get the compensation they fully deserve.

RIP the 96

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, marconi said:

Got to admit I’d fallen for the press and police story, and feel ashamed of my blinkered thinking for all those years after.

RIP the 96

Same here pal, shows you the power of the media, and the people in power, at the time.

• Like 1

On 03/01/2022 at 18:15, mrbluesky said:

Just about to watch the 2nd of 3, got to say this is extremely moving, it's really worth a watch. 

No thanks, written by someone who lives in Liverpool so guessing it doesnt tell the full story

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kopman9 said:

No thanks, written by someone who lives in Liverpool so guessing it doesnt tell the full story

You are commenting on something you haven't watched.

Stop trolling this thread, fella, make your own, if you feel that strongly about something you clearly know little about. 

• Like 1

On 03/01/2022 at 18:15, mrbluesky said:

Just about to watch the 2nd of 3, got to say this is extremely moving, it's really worth a watch. 

There are 4 episodes.

ive watched 3 and it’s superb and heart-wrenching. 

Maxine Peake is, as always, outstanding.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

There are 4 episodes.

ive watched 3 and it’s superb and heart-wrenching. 

Maxine Peake is, as always, outstanding.

Yes, my bad, Maxine Peake, as you say, outstanding 

On 04/01/2022 at 19:17, kopman9 said:

????

Why are the Liverpool fans that didnt have tickets rushing the turnstyles (something which they were known for) the elephant in the room that can never be talked about or brought up ?

They are brought up and clearly brought up as a factor, but even then, the mistakes by the Police and the subsequent follow up overrides it all. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 03/01/2022 at 21:35, marconi said:

That's noble of you to admit mate 

The Sun and co did a right job on tabloid readers to the point they STILL won't admit they were totally and completely misled by the papers

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

On 03/01/2022 at 21:35, marconi said:

RIP the 96

Hats off to you Pal, 

You should hear my local pub when they get on to the subject - It's like a Murdock and Duckenfield love in.

I too believed it for over 20 years, they did a r8 job on us!

The General

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I have absolute total respect for anyone who admits they were misled and wrong

Wish others would admit the same to themselves too

Even more so with Anti-Vaxxers and Qanon people

Owlstalk Shop

from my own personal experience I was neither misled or wrong neil. Please bear in mind this is a drama and as such supports the main protaganists who had apoint to prove which i respect, however certain aspects of this programme are trying to re write history.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

from my own personal experience I was neither misled or wrong neil. Please bear in mind this is a drama and as such supports the main protaganists who had apoint to prove which i respect, however certain aspects of this programme are trying to re write history.

I've not seen it mate

I'm just going on the posts suggesting it was Liverpool fans fault 

It wasn't 

That was a story in the tabloids that people took in, took onboard and ran with as facts when it was total bull.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

Here we go…part 2

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Here we go…part 2

Not really……I presume you think I’m not allowed to have a differing point of view. No doubt you’re right as you’ve watched jimmy mcgoverns take on things. Unlike him….I was there .

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I've not seen it mate

I'm just going on the posts suggesting it was Liverpool fans fault 

It wasn't 

That was a story in the tabloids that people took in, took onboard and ran with as facts when it was total bull.

thanks Neil, point taken. I don’t think the Liverpool fans were to blame but to suggest they weren’t part of the situation is just not right. Simply my personal opinion based on my experiences on the day, I appreciate that won’t nescesarily be the point of view everyone accepts.