2 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Not sure that matters mate, looking at summer recruitment we’ve not signed anybody that’s suited to Moore’s system.

True. I thought we recruited for a 4-3-3. Which shows to be fair. 

But then he abandoned it and went three at the back. Now we have too many wingers and not enough defenders! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

True. I thought we recruited for a 4-3-3. Which shows to be fair. 

But then he abandoned it and went three at the back. Now we have too many wingers and not enough defenders! 

Agree with that. We haven’t had a recognised left back since Morgan Fox left two years ago, shambolic way of building a team, muddled thinking and scattergun approach to recruitment. Was really hoping Moore would be the one to give us a proper playing identity but we seem further away from that now than when Jos was here.

14 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Agree with that. We haven’t had a recognised left back since Morgan Fox left two years ago, shambolic way of building a team, muddled thinking and scattergun approach to recruitment. Was really hoping Moore would be the one to give us a proper playing identity but we seem further away from that now than when Jos was here.

The thing is I can actually see what Moore is trying to achieve in this 3-5-2. Play out from the back, pace down the flanks with wing backs. I think before the Sunderland game things were starting to come together attacking wise. We were creating chances and looked decent going forward.

But defensively we look very weak and have done all season. A couple injuries and we are very easy to play against. Luongo gets injured and you have no bite in midfield. With the injuries and defensive personnel we have available, I’d have gone back to 4-4-2 until we can recruit a couple of defenders and some cover for the unreliable Luongo. 

Basically, he doesn’t have the personnel to play this system. Maybe he’ll address this in January and stick with it. But if not I think results will continue to be very up and down. We can’t keep playing Liam Palmer and Marvin Johnson in defence. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The thing is I can actually see what Moore is trying to achieve in this 3-5-2. Play out from the back, pace down the flanks with wing backs. I think before the Sunderland game things were starting to come together attacking wise. We were creating chances and looked decent going forward.

But defensively we look very weak and have done all season. A couple injuries and we are very easy to play against. Luongo gets injured and you have no bite in midfield. With the injuries and defensive personnel we have available, I’d have gone back to 4-4-2 until we can recruit a couple of defenders and some cover for the unreliable Luongo. 

Basically, he doesn’t have the personnel to play this system. Maybe he’ll address this in January and stick with it. But if not I think results will continue to be very up and down. We can’t keep playing Liam Palmer and Marvin Johnson in defence. 

We’d have been better off with the German lad.