1 minute ago, striker said:

In our current circumstances, fits the bill as a left sided CB. 

But, again we are going down the road of old players, with no asset value and high (comparable) wages. 

We've seen time and again younger supposedly inexperienced players run rings round us, we already have a very experienced squad and that hasn't done us any favours so far. 

As I said, not against Beevers in our current circumstances, but just another panic buy, moving even further away from that supposed  new dawn of young dynamic players. 

Young, dynamic players tend to cost money.

If there are any our there able to step straight in to shore up our defence and available on a free, then that would be great.

It seems unlikely, though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Young, dynamic players tend to cost money.

If there are any our there able to step straight in to shore up our defence and available on a free, then that would be great.

It seems unlikely, though.

A fair point, but the loan market exists.

For me it's just like groundhog Day, filling the squad with old players, just like we did before, but of lesser quality.

Big lumps are ten a penny in this league, what stands out is pace. That's why Iorfa, when fit is our best defender.

The team is starting to morph back into the care home crew, putting in the same type of performances we saw game in game out in the championship. Miles off the pace, static and so frustrated now just going through the motions.

• Like 1

I laughed when I first heard the Beevers link. 

I honestly thought he must be over 35 now and not played in a couple of years. 

Only 32 and played 45 games for a team that won promotion last season from the league we are currently in. 

Could be a sensible move until the end of season.

• Like 2

Unsure of what many of us expect here? 
Right now we have a defence with more holes than Swiss cheese and absolutely zero backbone. He’d add solidity and despite his age he’s now damed experienced which can give you that extra bit of nouse.
we haven’t got too many options in our situation. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, striker said:

A fair point, but the loan market exists.

For me it's just like groundhog Day, filling the squad with old players, just like we did before, but of lesser quality.

Big lumps are ten a penny in this league, what stands out is pace. That's why Iorfa, when fit is our best defender.

The team is starting to morph back into the care home crew, putting in the same type of performances we saw game in game out in the championship. Miles off the pace, static and so frustrated now just going through the motions.

As I say, if there's a pacy youngster available who has the defensive nous required to organise our backline, then we should be after them.

Whether such a player would fancy a spell in League One, I'm not so sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

As I say, if there's a pacy youngster available who has the defensive nous required to organise our backline, then we should be after them.

Whether such a player would fancy a spell in League One, I'm not so sure.

Agree, season is over though so depends when Iorfa and Dunkley back as to whether recruitment is necessary for now or with a view to the future.

We dont play for another 2 weeks and have Palmer, Hutchinson and Brennan currently fit (plus u23 lads) should we revert to a back 4, which I would recommend and use these next 2 weeks on the training ground working on that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, season is over though so depends when Iorfa and Dunkley back as to whether recruitment is necessary for now or with a view to the future.

We dont play for another 2 weeks and have Palmer, Hutchinson and Brennan currently fit (plus u23 lads) should we revert to a back 4, which I would recommend and use these next 2 weeks on the training ground working on that.

my worry is we somehow get worse when Moore gets more time with them on the training ground.