36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In theory yes

But Dunkley is never fit or available

Beevers is 32 now too

Maybe with a competent partner Dunkley isn’t asked to do the work of 2/3 men in winning every header etc. 

I’m not suggesting building a team around them, but at this level that pair would be more than adequate. 

1 minute ago, Andrew_Owl said:

7 is that it? Thought it was more than that, especially with him playing left back at the end of the season when Reda was injured 

Wikipedia only shows starts, he made 24 appearances for us that season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ilikebeevers said:

This would be great for my username status. I've kept the faith. Never mind Ben Marshall or Patrick kliuvert rumours. It's  all about the Beevers!

Where's TheBoyBeevers got to? He'd have to change his username to TheOldManBeevers now, mind.

Tommy Spurr has been retired due to injury for a couple of years now.  

A risk worth taking by getting him back on the pitch and using the two weeks to rebuild himself?  Build the defence around him and Beevers.

In our current circumstances, fits the bill as a left sided CB. 

But, again we are going down the road of old players, with no asset value and high (comparable) wages. 

We've seen time and again younger supposedly inexperienced players run rings round us, we already have a very experienced squad and that hasn't done us any favours so far. 

As I said, not against Beevers in our current circumstances, but just another panic buy, moving even further away from that supposed  new dawn of young dynamic players.