Managers We Didn’t Get When They Were Available

Under the theory that Darren Moore is so terrible that it is a no-brainer that he should be released now, despite the expense and the disruption of another mid season dismissal, then the theory has to be that there are any number of non-name assistants who would just do the obvious things that every Owlstalker knows should be done-eg, stop playing out from the back, be more direct and attacking, always play Corbeanu if fit, never play Bernahino, &etc. We have so much talent, we will start winning, right? So stop looking for names of aging retreads, because if you look for those, you will inevitably get another aging retread.

• Thanks 1

My biggest criticism of Moore is that he was the manager who took us down, but survived the chop, so he had time to see what the problems were last year and what needed addressing.

He should have worked out that club was crying out for a set of players who would give everything, play with some pace and purpose, and give it a proper go. That’s what the fans want. They’ll accept the odd defeat if they see that.

Yet despite the turnover of players nothing seems to have changed from this time last year. Other clubs are doing it on a shoestring at this level. It really shouldn’t be too much to ask to get a competitive team at this level.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Just now, Kopparberg said:

Not brave enough ? 

Lack of control at the club ?

Player power ?

or D) aren’t sure of themselves in the first place 

Of course, the obvious alternative theory is that it is the fans fault.

I’d put in one of those masked emojis here but I don’t know how.

1 minute ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

Of course, the obvious alternative theory is that it is the fans fault.

I’d put in one of those masked emojis here but I don’t know how.

It’s Chansiri’s fault  (IMO and somewhat fact) 

To be in this position though, how many capable managers have we passed up on ??

Not even good managers - or inspired choices - just CAPABLE 

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

It’s Chansiri’s fault  (IMO and somewhat fact) 

To be in this position though, how many capable managers have we passed up on ??

Not even good managers - or inspired choices - just CAPABLE 

In all seriousness, my original point was supposed to be something like—so many, that it is impossible to count them, and almost no need to name them. So I take your point.

• Like 1

It starts with the chairman… Chansiri knows nothing about football… …That’s why he falls for the “ bulls#it” ..Moore/jos/monk/Carlos/ pulis etc etc .. tell him …… Middlesbrough/forest/ Huddersfield chairman’s know about football and when to change and get a better manager in…..Chansiri has no idea …..that’s where it all starts from

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

We know it’s all Chansiri’s fault 

And he’s picked the wrong managers 

Or maybe he’s only willing to pay out for the ones that aren’t beneficial to us 

Think of the managers that the fans have hopes to get linked with… and then go elsewhere. 

At this point even Rooney looks better than some of the dross we’ve had. 

Think Rooney's should be on for manager of the year.

Doing amazing with Derby considering, if you look at us last season with a point deduction and them with a massive en, its night and day they put so much effort in.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

It starts with the chairman… Chansiri knows nothing about football… …That’s why he falls for the “ bulls#it” ..Moore/jos/monk/Carlos/ pulis etc etc .. tell him …… Middlesbrough/forest/ Huddersfield chairman’s know about football and when to change and get a better manager in…..Chansiri has no idea …..that’s where it all starts from

No points deductions or recent relegations for them either. 

We need a change of plan. 

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Any decent manager with a good reputation wouldn't touch Wednesday at the moment.

If Moore goes (which I don't have a problem with either way) than we would end up with someone like Alex Neil at very best.

He is probably not a bad manager but doubt he would do anything at Wednesday in current circumstances.

Why would Alex Neil want to come to us?

Serious question. He'll be offered a Championship job soon enough. Probably once Preston stop paying him to sit at home.

If Moore gets sacked, I dread to think who we'll end up with.

A new manager comes in, tears it all up and starts again and the endless circle continues. Not just the players but the staff, the formation, the playing style… the reset button has been pressed so many times in the past few seasons 

But then I look at the recruitment and the number of loans we have, and potentially more loans coming in and it’s almost a case of having to recruit all over again next season anyway. 

Depressing 

• Like 1