Lack of fight

Some consider we have the best squad in the league, but that is no good when there is no fight in the team.

Back in Jack Charlton's day he installed a fighting spirit, not one or two players but the whole team

Out of all the managers I have come across since i started supporting them back in 1967 i recon beside big Jack we have only had Howard Wilkinson, Ron Atkinson, Steve Bruce and perhaps  Trevor Francis for a time that have given me any hope. We are going nowhere with Moore or this team.

For me I would offer Steve Bruce the job, despite letting us down before.

Only  Palmer, Dunkley, Hutch, Luongo, Bannan, Windass and Gregory have any fight

Lofra and Denis have not been the same since their injuries, we have all these wingers and none are really convincing although with a bit more time I think Mendez Laing could be ok.

We need to release all our loan players , also get rid of  Sow and  Berahino and start again.  Players need to come in fast if we are going to have any chance of scraping into the play offs although that is looking unlikely

• Like 1
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, Blatter said:

We are going nowhere with Moore or this team you say

The truth is we are going nowhere with the way this team is playing under Moore.

We not get out of this division ( at the top end anyway) playing low tempo, sideways and backwards football. The build is so pathetically slow that every player is man marked and every opponent has a rigid defensive shape when we get past the half way line.
Our defenders do not stop crosses into our box.

Our midfielders tap the ball aimlessly to opponents 

Our forwards do not make runs off the ball

The whole team is not working hard enough for 90 minutes. 
Today they only increased tempo for the last 30 minutes .

This is purely down to coaching and tactics that are firmly in the managers control.

There are more than enough players in that squad to compete at the top end of League 1 if coached and motivated effectively. Sadly we will finish in the mediocrity of mid table without a change of style.

Moore is proving week on week that he is unable to change his approach 

Post of the month!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Bruce would never consider working with Chansiri again. Most if not all would feel the same way apart from maybe Carvalhal, but he is a bottler when the heat is on, so no. 

Should never look back really but Carlos would give the whole place a boost if he came back, starting tomorrow,  bit like big Ron in the good days.

Hang on

Are people really suggesting Steve Bruce and Carlos Carvalhal would want to come to Sheffield Wednesday who are under transfer restrictions, can't buy players, have a shoddy squad, and come back?

Come on

I know people might have had a few beers but this is crack cocaine level of delusion

lol

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Hang on

Are people really suggesting Steve Bruce and Carlos Carvalhal would want to come to Sheffield Wednesday who are under transfer restrictions, can't buy players, have a shoddy squad, and come back?

Come on

I know people might have had a few beers but this is crack cocaine level of delusion

lol

I agree,

But imo this squad 

Who are mostly seasoned Championship players should be performing,far,far better than they are... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brando said:

I agree,

But imo this squad 

Who are mostly seasoned Championship players should be performing,far,far better than they are... 

not for me I’m afraid Brando, a lot of this shiite show is down to Moore but most of the squad sadly lack the basics of a professional footballer 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blatter said:

Moore is proving week on week that he is unable to change his approach 

He did at least change to a 352 once he’d bored us with a previous formation. 

Not that we’d even set out to play 352 with our signings. 

Hmmmmm

Steve Bruce would not come back to Sheffield Wednesday in a million years!

1 minute ago, Five Archers said:

not for me I’m afraid Brando, a lot of this shiite show is down to Moore but most of the squad sadly lack the basics of a professional footballer 

I think calling the squad lacking to basics of being a professional football is a bit harsh but definitely think that they are overrated by many on here. Loan players, free transfers and some who are over the hill. 

For example Lee Gregory got a really good right up on here when we got him but on checking his record it is very average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Five Archers said:

Maybe bud,but I think,they are massively underperforming..mind you I backed us to go up,that's 20 quid down the swanee..

• Like 1