Half Time Management (Or Lack)

Fair points by the original poster.  It is baffling that DM often makes no changes at half-time - whether tactical or personnel.  

I think if DM still has a job then he needs to try something different.  He’s got nothing to lose.

• Like 1

We huffed and puffed today. They went to a low block. We couldn't get back into the game. We wanted a reaction today but we didn't get that.

We have to get back to basics and start finding our rhythm again.

A line for his post match drivel.

So if they go to a low block Darren (crap new age manager drivel), change our own tactics and go to a high line and press from the front.

We wanted a reaction yes, but it appears like the fans, the players take what you say with a pinch of salt.

Back to basics is not playing 3-5-2 with wingers and full backs as centre backs is it?

Utter nonsense from a manager who will leave us and end up managing no higher than this league. 

• Like 1

I said at the end of last season that he's a nearly man.

Nearly saved WBA from getting relegated from the Premier

Nearly got WBA into a promotion position from the Championship

Nearly got Doncaster into a play off position.

Nearly saved us from relegation.

He's hasn't achieved anything in his managerial career and for me hasn't shown any signs that he's capable of doing so. If he stays he might nearly get us into a play off position this season if we're lucky. 

Needs to be replaced but with who I haven't a clue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CourteenerOwl said:

This season we have seen many teams change systems in a game when we have been on top. Moore has then used this as a reason why there was a change in the dynamics of the game - i.e they changed system to stop the flow of our attacks.

That first half today was one of our worst 45 minutes of the season. They were dealing with our pedestrian 3-5-2 without any worries whatsoever.

Why is our so called manager not making changes after such a shocking 45? Why is he not changing the system at least. What is he actually doing at HT? We came out for the first 20 of the second half, exactly how we motioned through the first half.

NML comes on and looked fine, no rustiness. He is 29, always been fit and used to playing at a higher level. He should have been on at HT for the useless Berahino.

Give them something else to think about, other than marking one static striker and one who has very little pace.

I could ramble for longer but I do not want to bore everyone, the point of this post is any manger of any sort of standard, makes changes at HT. If he doesn't make a change, he tweaks something 3-5-2 to a basic and more simple 4-4-2. 4-5-1 and try and get control of the midfield and play NML in behind LG. Nothing.

Moore is tactically poor. He clearly cannot motivate these players. I have never seen such poor body language and shrugging. Simply doesn't happen under a manger players play for. 

That felt like a game where it is definitely the managers last game, but this is SWFC, so I suspect we will still have many defending him and just like Jos and Monk we will have to put up with for another 3 months, because we cannot think of a better option!!

I will use Coventry as an example. Relegated to League 2 under SISU!! Had loads of crap managers. They didn't think lets just leave Russell Slade in because there is no one better, there fans didn't just blame SISU and back the manager no matter what and keep using this retort. Robins won back to back promotions.

Moore is an awful manager, WBA knew it, Doncaster Rovers fans told us. Why wait?

We’re talking here about a guy who didn’t make HT changes at Sunderland, when were 0.3 down. 

• Like 2