Everyone will expect a win today

19 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

And the 80’s as well.When was the last time we beat them home or away ? 🙄

Thanks. I was gonna say the 80's as well but as we were mainly in the 1st and 2nd divisions in that decade, I thought my mind may have been playing tricks on me. 

• Love 1

Just now, Nut said:

Thanks. I was gonna say the 80's as well but as we were mainly in the 1st and 2nd divisions in that decade, I thought my mind may have been playing tricks on me. 

Best thing about Shrewsbury is that they had a certain Nigel Pearson in their side.What a signing he turned out to be.

38 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I don't understand this view. Prior to the Sunderland game we had shown very real signs of improvement and looked to be a team on the up.

I really think people are blowing everything out of proportion due to the Sunderland game. A result which came after significant covid disruption where we were unable to train for an extended period.

Fully expect a reaction and 3 points today.

I’m of a similar view, with a subtle difference……

Fully expect 0 points and a reaction today

Guest 123adam789
12 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

We need a natural leader in the dressing room for games like today, just not sure we have one.

I think the last one who was respected and seemed to get the best out of most the players was Loovens. Hard act to follow.

55 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I don't understand this view. Prior to the Sunderland game we had shown very real signs of improvement and looked to be a team on the up.

I really think people are blowing everything out of proportion due to the Sunderland game. A result which came after significant covid disruption where we were unable to train for an extended period.

Fully expect a reaction and 3 points today.

Not sure I agree, we've down glimpses in 10 min spells, where players come out, pressure the opposition constantly and we look good. Then we stop doing the pressing and we look crap again.

It's basics like pressing that's all that's needed in this division. Rotherham worked this out from the start, they press constantly and turn the ball over and eventually get a break, We're too passive and let the opposition pass around with no pressure at all. This is down to the manager IMO, and if he's telling them to do it and there note then he's lost the dressing room and needs to go.

• Like 1

I don’t expect a win. Our record at Shrewsbury is dire. I’d take a point now. We’re going to continue to draw more games than win them because we don’t have enough of a goal threat throughout the team and that’s been a problem ever since we’ve been relegated from the prem almost 22 years ago.