Shrewsbury Town - Wednesday - OMDT

He bangs on about work on the training ground but what work do they actually do. Surely he needs to find a style of play that suits us, stick with it and just train to play that way. He’s had long enough at the club to get his ideas over and we look no better than before he came in. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Charles Clegg said:

Maybe they are lacking confidence, disillusioned? 

I'm not religious but football is after all a bit like religion... fans and players alike must have faith in the 'Leader', must understand and be fully engaged in their 'philosophy'. 

Sadly, I have little faith in DM as a Leader... as to his philosophy, I have no inkling as to what it is and I suspect, neither have the players. 

The leader is good

the leader is great

we surrender our will

as of this date

Guest 123adam789
48 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You honestly think if we freed up Bannan’s wage we’d sign 5 decent players?

We’d sign a handful of benchwarmers.

Yeah but the younger players would be able to play without fearing the berating from Bannan. 

Guest 123adam789
43 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

DC will surely not find it acceptable that even the play offs are looking decidedly unlikely under Moore. Far too many below par performances this season and big question marks over whether the players are fully onboard with him. 12 points off automatic and 6 off the play offs. DC needs to make a change now before the season just fizzles out and give the new man time to get some decent players in during the transfer window. 

We know that but I dont think DC as grasped this footballing lark. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Come on now

Be honest

Dont' just say things to look cool n that - just be honest

To be honest I couldn’t “be cool” no matter how hard I tried

but are you really suggesting that (the vast majority of) DM’s recruits were / are unknown ?

Responses on this site ( including yourself ?) to (most) each of those signings was (broadly) positive, albeit naively ‘informed’ by previous ‘career’ / reputation.

1 minute ago, Truth is out there said:

To be honest I couldn’t “be cool” no matter how hard I tried

but are you really suggesting that (the vast majority of) DM’s recruits were / are unknown ?

Responses on this site ( including yourself ?) to (most) each of those signings was (broadly) positive, albeit naively ‘informed’ by previous ‘career’ / reputation.

Well my personal reaction when they were signed was as they always are when we make a signing - I get excited and ultra positive and carried away

I'm sure I'm not the only one

There seems to be a happy fever when new signings are announced, no matter who they are 

Nothing wrong with that by the way either - it's natural amongst excited football fans

But yeah - I'd definitely say that most Owls fans didn't know who many/most of the players were when they came

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Heard of Berahino and Mendez Laing. Should never have been signed. 
Jack Hunt, released by Brizzle, surplus to requirements for the team who finished  19th last season. Should never have been signed  
Patterson. Abject failure in Championship. Should’ve been allowed to leave. Yes played at international level for Scotland, maybe we should resign Steve Nichol? 
BPF, rejected by Bielsa (who knows a bit about football) due to number of errors. 4th choice at Burnley. 
Bannan arguably the best player in the division of you are a blinkered and close minded Wednesday fan who hasn’t watched Max Power, Ryan Tafazolli, Joe Jacobson, James Henry, Scott Twine, Matt O'Riley, Oladapo Afolayan, Michael Smith, Ross Stewart, Alex Pritchard, Jorge Grant, Paddy Lane, Cole Stockton, Dan Neil, Wes Houlahan to name just 15. I’d personally throw Luongo into that mix too.

I actually agree that Moore is our biggest problem because he signed/retained this squad and he continues to pick them out of position and in the wrong formation but if OT posters can’t understand that our squad is rank average then our expectations will never match reality. 

Steve nicoll retired years ago. Oh hang on that was an awesome joke. It’s an achievement getting capped at international level. I am not close minded and blinkered about Bannan he is one of the best players in the division.  He would get in any team. But that is why I said arguably. I am allowed an opinion without being called names. For example I think Max Power is overrated. That’s an opinion. Bannan struggles because we rarely have a game plan and play everything through him which makes him a target for opposing teams. Our squad is rank average yet we sit just outside the play offs with our worst manager since Eustace? A decent manager would get a tune out of this fiddle. Surprised you never heard of wing as he played a key game against us last season. Even I noticed that with my blinkered wednesday vision . If you don’t agree with any of the above please feel free to question my knowledge and/ or insult me - this is social media after all.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well my personal reaction when they were signed was as they always are when we make a signing - I get excited and ultra positive and carried away

I'm sure I'm not the only one

There seems to be a happy fever when new signings are announced, no matter who they are 

Nothing wrong with that by the way either - it's natural amongst excited football fans

But yeah - I'd definitely say that most Owls fans didn't know who many/most of the players were when they came

Don’t disagree with (most) any of that, bar the last paragraph 

Berahino; Wing; Johnson; Hunt; Gregory; Paterson; Hutchinson ;Windass etc all played at a higher level (including against [& for!] SWFC)

23 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Steve nicoll retired years ago. Oh hang on that was an awesome joke. It’s an achievement getting capped at international level. I am not close minded and blinkered about Bannan he is one of the best players in the division.  He would get in any team. But that is why I said arguably. I am allowed an opinion without being called names. For example I think Max Power is overrated. That’s an opinion. Bannan struggles because we rarely have a game plan and play everything through him which makes him a target for opposing teams. Our squad is rank average yet we sit just outside the play offs with our worst manager since Eustace? A decent manager would get a tune out of this fiddle. Surprised you never heard of wing as he played a key game against us last season. Even I noticed that with my blinkered wednesday vision . If you don’t agree with any of the above please feel free to question my knowledge and/ or insult me - this is social media after all.

The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks

Just found this on Twitter 😄

Highlight of today: little lad stood in front of me can’t of been older than 8. Clapped and encouraged all game, 85 minutes he’d had enough and shouted “******** ******** this Wednesday” Got a right clip from his dad 😂😂😂 #swfc

• Like 1
  • Haha 2