Shrewsbury Town - Wednesday - OMDT

8 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Aye remember that cup game leading 2-1 as we entered the last minutes ? "Well I would have been happy with a replay too".

Yes I was there, 2-1 up, they equalised very late, the ref then bottled giving us a blatant penalty in injury time and they broke to score the winner. Then we missed out on a near million quid payday as they got Man Utd at home in the next round. The Wednesday Way. 

Today is going to be a big test. If we bounce back from the other day with a win then Sunderland could be a ‘blip’. If we lose then Sunderland might have been the start of an implosion that will see DM lose his job. No doubt a sodding draw will be the result, telling us nothing whatsoever (other than we draw a lot- which we already know). 

Happy New Year Everyone.Definitely need a reaction to Thursday’s Shambles.Given that we are playing our perennial Bogie Team ‘ Shrewsbury’ , We could be in for a Long Afternoon. Hearts says 2-0?Wednesday win but my heads says another frustrating draw 1-1. Come on Wednesday.😐

I'll put the radio on and listen. Which is probably more effort than most of the players will manage today. I'll turn it off as soon as we concede probably, I'm reaching the point where the team is annoying me so much that I'm starting to insulate myself from the disappointment as much as I can. 

4 nil Wednesday is my prediction. 

12 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Reckon they will have a point to prove. After embarrassing themselves at Sunderland. I'm going win, and a good one at that.

Anything else, it'll be a huge worry.

I hope you're right, but not holding my breath. This lot talk a good game, but that's usually where it ends.