Shrewsbury Town - Wednesday - OMDT

6 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Here’s a thing

Baz is absolutely crap. Hasn’t found a pass. Loses his man running through from midfield, woeful at set pieces and can’t defend.

I love his attitude but his product is awful…soz Baz fans (I’m not one)

How dare you!! 

Our glorious captain is one of the best (paid) players in this league. He’s single handedly carried us to the mid table of league one. 

He, at the base of our midfield ensures that we dominate the centre of the pitch and gives us both a solid defensive platform and the foundation to attack. 

Without him, we’d be so much worse. I mean look at Accrington Stanly. They have a first team that collectively earn 50% as much as one Barry Bannan and they are 3pts worse off than us. They’d kill to be ruined financially paying players like Bannan to have that extra three points.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I really enjoyed that run of a dozen or so games this season where we were quite fun to watch and looked like we knew what we were doing.

Looking forward to another period of enjoyment around 2026

A dozen? You’re having a laugh.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Dreadful half.

Not one player emerges with credit.

Gregory, Berahino and Corbeanu were simply awful.

Why not list the other 7 Outfield players? They need some supply.

Johnson hasn’t done a thing right and apart from Wings shot all he does is pass backwards.

Corbeanu at least tries to go forward - but yes he is is off his game today.

Guest DoesJackHunt

I’m not really enjoying this season. 
Shrewsbury are certainly up for this one.

The quality of the football is awful, isn’t it?

You go from watching games like Man City v Arsenal to this and the gulf in class is enormous. 
I loved to support Man City, I bet it’s amazing. 

Just now, Brian said:

It's been a horribly lethargic, flat-footed performance. The amount of times we've been caught dawdling is so frustrating. How much the disruption and illness caused by Covid has affected the team, I have no idea, but they have to be capable of giving more than this. 

Shrewsbury are on the back of some good results and they're a difficult team to beat on their own patch, so I never assumed it would be an easy game.. 

It's the lack of desire and cohesion that's bothering me.

Plus the fact that they are our Arch Bogie Team. 3 wins in 22 League and Cup Games says it all really.🙄

• Like 2

Got them right where we want them.  Never stop your enemy who is making a mistake.  Shrewsbury don't have the tactical knowhow to get out of the trap they've walked right into.

• Haha 1