Afterlife 3

ANDY

Watched first two episodes last night.

There's some serious talent in that show, great performances so far. 

It's difficult really, after two incredible series's, it's fallen into the old trap of doing 'one more' due to popularity and ,I assume , a wheelbarrow full of dosh for RG.

Season 2 ending kind of wrapped it all up , it was definitely all RG had in mind, so this is trying to find new angles and stories . I'm enjoying it, but it doesn't seem to have the beauty of 1 & 2.

Reminds me, I must watch ' Derek ' again, which took a hammering when it was cool to rip into Ricky Gervais,  but is actually very, very good. 

I've never been bothered about RG one way or the other tbh.

But his performance in this is genius, I'm up to S3/E3 now.

I am glad to see there's been no appearance so far of the psychiatrist. I really didn't like that character.

Just about to finish S3

It was alright, and this will probably be an unpopular opinion, but how long does he plan to continue to be a d*ck for? 

I understand he’s lost his soulmate and the anguish he’s feeling, but I’m guessing a period of at least a few years has passed since her death? and he’s still a nasty twohat to everyone

That kind of grated on me tbh, but again I’ve never been in that position to properly understand what someone’s going through 

Finished it last night, my MOTM was the boss of the amateur dramatics class. Some absolute beauties he came out with, he definitely made me chuckle more than anyone in this series. Special mention to RG for the throwing of the ashes into the blokes mouth and saying he hopes it was the c**k.

18 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Finished it last night, my MOTM was the boss of the amateur dramatics class. Some absolute beauties he came out with, he definitely made me chuckle more than anyone in this series. Special mention to RG for the throwing of the ashes into the blokes mouth and saying he hopes it was the c**k.

Agreed - the type of comedy that I thought would by now have been frowned upon, but I thought was brilliant. 

I really want to watch this.

The first 2 seasons we're brilliant.

However, I'm not sure I can take it. It was emotional watching S1 and S2, but with me now going through touch times, with my partner terminally ill - I'm not sure I can take it.

Is S3 as emotional as the first 2?