F1 2022

11 weeks until the first race weekend. Strange to think Lewis might not start - I guess I might look back on this and laugh, when he wins the championship again. 

Anyway

45A8C919-FCF8-4CCA-B05E-1764D7AC5C66.jpeg

• Like 2

It's good to have the Australian, Canadian and Japanese GP's back next season. Can't wait. New cars all round too. 

Looking forward to seeing Russell, now he has a Merc underneath him being aggressive against Max. 

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

So according to Andrew Benson (bbc) Lewis is waiting on the FIA investigation into that last lap before he decides his future. Benson isn’t sure if the investigation has even started

This is why merc were wrong to drop their protests imo

It was always gonna be kicked into the long grass - wouldn't even be surprised to see masi still in post next season

They could barely have dealt with the whole thing in a rose manner

• Like 2

I really dont see Lewis NOT coming back. I think this is Mercedes playing the game a little to force the FIAs hand a bit.

Lewis not only made it into F1 without rich backing which is rare these days. He become not just World Champion but the greatest driver F1 has ever know. You do not achieve that without immense mental fortitude.

I think hes absolutely champing at the bit to get back The loss in Abu Dhabi will have lit a fire and hunger that will see him give everything not just to take an 8th world title and stand alone but to wipe that smirk off Red Bulls face

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, darklord said:

I really dont see Lewis NOT coming back. I think this is Mercedes playing the game a little to force the FIAs hand a bit.

Lewis not only made it into F1 without rich backing which is rare these days. He become not just World Champion but the greatest driver F1 has ever know. You do not achieve that without immense mental fortitude.

I think hes absolutely champing at the bit to get back The loss in Abu Dhabi will have lit a fire and hunger that will see him give everything not just to take an 8th world title and stand alone but to wipe that smirk off Red Bulls face

I would imagine that he wants to come back so that him and Russell can wipe the floor with Verstappen figuratively speaking.

2 hours ago, darklord said:

I dunno. Despite all he’s achieved, he actually had the title taken from him - deliberately. No matter what anyone says or any investigation finds, the Massi KNEW the ramifications of his actions. 

That’s got to be hard for Lewis to understand and accept. He’s got nothing to prove, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he walked away. 

• Like 1

If Lewis quit there would be some serious driver shuffling in the pit lane. I just cannot see anyone else apart from Norris being Lewis's replacement. 

Could they prize him away from McClaren? Possibly seeing as McClaren are a customer team using the Mercs engines. 

2 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

I dunno. Despite all he’s achieved, he actually had the title taken from him - deliberately. No matter what anyone says or any investigation finds, the Massi KNEW the ramifications of his actions. 

That’s got to be hard for Lewis to understand and accept. He’s got nothing to prove, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he walked away. 

This is what gets me tbh - it wasn't just a drivers championship - it was absolutely unprecedented and historic that may never be played out now

He'd won that race and for it to be so manipulated to almost guarantee he'd lose it makes it absurd that mercedes haven't pursued this with all that they have at their disposal

It still annoys me so f*ck knows what LH is thinking...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, darklord said:

I think there's certainly a bit of politics going on here. I even wonder, given the way that F1 is currently being served up to the viewing public as some sort of soap opera,  whether this is actually being deliberately choreographed.

But I agree. No way is Lewis retiring. He has unfinished business.

1 hour ago, scram said:

He'd won that race and for it to be so manipulated to almost guarantee he'd lose it makes it absurd that mercedes haven't pursued this with all that they have at their disposal

The thing is, none of us know what's happened behind the scenes since then. While I think Mercedes have a very strong case, I suspect that both they and Lewis are smart enough not to want anything to do with a title won through the courts rather than on the track. Stay on the moral high ground and let Max keep his tainted WDC. At the same time, the FIA must surely realise the massive embarrassment and PR disaster if Merc pursued this through the courts and won.

That being the case, I just wonder whether it's in the interests of both parties to come to some sort of private understanding? If Merc haven't extracted something given the strength of their case then more fool them.

11 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Why? This is just ridiculous 

Pressure Lewis into a decision so they can make light of what happened

I'm no Lewis fan, but a month on I'm still fuming at the farce the sport I love more than any other has descended into, I'm really debating watching this season, I watched every lap last year for it to end up in that mess, and as bad as Abu Dhabi was, it was just the cream on top of terrible decisions all season!

How did Max only get a time penalty for break checking Lewis in Saudi?
Lewis 5 second penalty for punting off Max at Silverstone

Restarting Azerbaijan with 2 laps left?

Spa.
Changing the track limit rules half way through the race in Bahrain, the first ******** race!

I'm sure I'm missing loads as well.

The Last 2 seasons have had so much great racing ruined by the stewards.

• Like 2