ALEX NEIL

41 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

The sooner the better if we want to get promoted this season

Moore's lack of motivational skills means that he could have problems getting a flea to jump

Especially as the flea would not be placed in an appropriate position...

TBH, rightly or wrongly I've written promotion off this season.

As poor as DM appears, bringing in another manager at this stage with the crew we've currently got, I still don't think we'd be challenging.

January recruitment will be critical, given injuries etc. but they will be DMs recruits.

Love to be proved wrong but think we're destined only for a top half finish.

Who knows what next year will bring or even what the set up will be.

7 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Didn't he also take Norwich down?

He also took them up. 

Norwich's investment after promotion is notoriously atrociously bad. 

Same happening this season. 

Cant totally blame him for relegation. Blame " Where are you" Deliah. 

7 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Hut then the relegation should be judged on context too? He took Norwich down but he has full year to change it. He didnt.

Moore for example has 2 relegations, but he took over with WBA already doomed and nearly kept them up. Then he joined us already doomed and ended up on deaths door. I don't think either relegation can be fairly attributed to Moore.

Paul Warne would be my ideal and was also back early this year. But he wouldn't come with us and rotherham in the situations we are in.

Right now though, Moore is our manager and for good reason too. But always good to look at alternatives. We do it with players, why not gaffers?

West Brom? dont know enough about it to comment but DM  decision to try playing it out in a relegation battle was bizarre,to continue doing so,with many players leaving at the end of the season,made no sense at all,and in my view did contribute to our relegation...

Guest Derby owl
8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We have a manager

Well we have someone that comes out and does post match interviews but a "manager"thats debatable !

9 hours ago, striker said:

Why is relegation on a CV such a big thing? 

Darren Moore was also manager of West Brom when they got relegated and us last season. 2 relegations for him now.

Not that I'm advocating for Alex Neil, but don't see a relegation as such a red flag, when considered in the round along with other achievements.

Yes but a good manager would have some achievements on his cv to balance the relegations.

Just saying.

I am truly astounded that anyone would want that bloke at Hillsborough. I wouldn't wish the bloke any harm but if we are going to go down, let's go down fighting and showing a bit of spirit. Not falling over, playing for time and just generally acting like twats.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

I am truly astounded that anyone would want that bloke at Hillsborough. I wouldn't wish the bloke any harm but if we are going to go down, let's go down fighting and showing a bit of spirit. Not falling over, playing for time and just generally acting like twats.

“Go down fighting and showing a bit of spirit”...like the other night you mean??

4 minutes ago, The coach said:

“Go down fighting and showing a bit of spirit”...like the other night you mean??

Not sure where you're coming from to be honest, please explain. I'm interested. You do realise we were talking about potential changes in managers don't you and not the one we already have.

18 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Alex Neil is in a different stratosphere to our current manager. 

He'd be mad to come here. 

Neil worked under a far more advanced recruitment team at norwich with decent funds, than preston, who have a very tight budget, similar to rotherham in terms of cashflow and wages.

Hed not take the wednesday job, its a basket case, a managers graveyard, weve turned the clock back to 1970 recruitment wise, if theyve played in the division above they must be too good for the division below method, works everytime its so simple.....if only

Clearly funds were very limited at Preston North End and I don't think it was too bad job to keep them in mid-table in the Championship for two/three years.

Two promotions at Hamilton and then Norwich City means that he has the know-how to get a team promoted.  There is a lot to this know-how imo.

I was thinking the other night what a soft side we looked against Sunderland.  We seemed to lose most if not all of the 50/50 challenges.

I think a somewhat tougher side might be very helpful in League One.  I suspect Alex Neil might feel the same.

DC needs to learn from others too. 

Why is is that the likes of Chelsea and Tottenham have a new manager in place with 24 hours of firing one who is not delivering whereas at SWFC..............