NEW YEARS EVE - OFFICIAL MATCHDAY THREAD

Quote for Owlstalkers:-

I've learnt that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quote for Wednesday team:-

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take  but by the moments that take our breath away. 

Happy New Year

• Like 2
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So I'd just like to take a moment to thank EVERYONE for using/reading/contributing to Owlstalk over the last 365 days

Even the weirdos who post random sheeeeite - I'm even grateful for your nonsense

This year has been a mad/bad one but we've dug in and made a fist of it haven't we old chap?

We also sponsored Liam Palmer (no comments on last night's performance please - we're still 100% proud to sponsor him!)

And we also raised £1000 for SWFC Community team and their work

We also helped raise enough money for a disabled fan, friend and legend of YouTube Punkchef after he lost his computer and bought him a new one

We also help contribute hugely towards a young Owl getting a new Wheelchair

But hey - it's not all about fundraising and that but after all we ARE a community, we are here always for Wednesday fans all over the world and we will continue fundraising efforts even more so in 2022 (Already have a few things planned and some ideas)

On the forum front we've upgraded a few times this year, introduced new features, booted off some unpleasant individuals and had a laugh with each other and a passionate argument and debate with others at times but it's been fab company having you all here with us.

Anyway - THANK YOU for being on Owlstalk - you guys are the greatest community of them all

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

(A much much bigger one to all the Owlstalk subscribers though) 

Here's how you can subscribe to Owlstalk and make sure 2022 is even better - https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/subscriptions/

lol

Happy New year ya mad old Gimmer, and thanks for all the hard work you do keeping this asylum running for us nutters 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Happy new year everyone. 

like many, football is my escape & distraction from life when things are good or bad. It’s always there & it always will be. 

heard a bloke in a pub say once ‘my dad loved his family & he loved Sheffield Wednesday’. Stayed with me that, everything else can come & go 💙🤍💙🤍

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Happy New Year .. WAWAW

Sorry to any fans I’ve wound up with my relentless looking back to the great away days of the 70s /80s but …

”They were great time …ingrained my loyalty to SWFC….passed my loyalty on to my children and grandchildren…..one day things will change and we will be great again… if I’m still here .. great ..if not …enjoy it …..WAWAW……….best wishes to all 50/60 year olds “EBRA”and any surviving members of “The wino express”….

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, St Ives owls said:

Having an early night 

traveling back from Inverness to Cornwall early tomorrow 

only a 14 hour drive 😭

All the best to you all and best wishes for the new year 🍻

Don't even attempt it. Inverness to Carlisle via Fort William and Glasgow. Carlisle will be cheap as chips now the Sasanachs have gone North; Have a sleep. Then head to Cornwall via Bristol with perhaps a break there too. TIRED-TAKE A BREAK !

• Like 1

Happy New Year all. Just had a Madras. Still can't taste anything though.

Off to watch a movie with the Mrs, something about the Umbrella Corporation and Raccoon City. The Mrs sounds well into it, no idea what it is but whatever. Got a beer that I also can't taste.

Would usually be out with friends, having our usual party at their place in Poulton, getting blotto, singing, dancing, falling down, getting emotional, but this year, after just recovering from COVID, and still feeling whacked, we're staying home this year. 

Respect to the local Indian takeaway, they forgot a pilau rice, but brought another to our door with a free bottle of Merlot. Good touch Diraj. Good food too. Said everyone else.

Edited by theowlsman

43 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Happy New Year all. Just had a Madras. Still can't taste anything though.

Off to watch a movie with the Mrs, something about the Umbrella Corporation and Raccoon City. The Mrs sounds well into it, no idea what it is but whatever. Got a beer that I also can't taste.

Would usually be out with friends, having our usual party at their place in Poulton, getting blotto, singing, dancing, falling down, getting emotional, but this year, after just recovering from COVID, and still feeling whacked, we're staying home this year. 

Respect to the local Indian takeaway, they forgot a pilau rice, but brought another to our door with a free bottle of Merlot. Good touch Diraj. Good food too. Said everyone else.

Happy new year Simon 

I always knew you had no taste and you are a crap angler 

much love 

C