Last nights defeat - Did this all come from what happened re the Christmas Party?

If it did I'd get rid of all the players. They are paid to play football, not to have parties. If they can't see that having a party and all getting infected is going to impact their ability to do their job they need to grow up.

I doubt it was the case though.

• Thanks 1

Yes. I can’t think of any other reasonable explanation. The only way we are ever going to win anything is if the whole squad converts to a religion that doesn’t celebrate Christmas. There’s a wide range available: Judaism, Islam, Hindu, Buddhism (would win brownie points with DC) or even Jehovah’s Witness. Christmas is our absolute nemesis and needs to be stopped!

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Yes. I can’t think of any other reasonable explanation. The only way we are ever going to win anything is if the whole squad converts to a religion that doesn’t celebrate Christmas. There’s a wide range available: Judaism, Islam, Hindu, Buddhism (would win brownie points with DC) or even Jehovah’s Witness. Christmas is our absolute nemesis and needs to be stopped!

TBH I don't know the circumstances or venue, but these are young men, over paid for the most part, just out on the lash and this probably happens at most clubs - I see nothing wrong with it, unless it was against club orders and risked the club covid quarantine procedure.  So for me the real question is  was this party against orders ?  What was the reaction from management where's the professionalism and club discipline this time in the football season is crucial who's responsible the Manager, Captain or Chairman ?

'someone on here will know' and spill 

I think it definitely was down to said Xmas party.

Darren Moore got it all wrong.

There were 20 of them & he only ordered 4 Ubers. 

He had thought they could have three in the back & one up front which would obviously work.

When he realised his mistake it was too late!!!

He could have changed the numbers but he insisted his calculations were correct & was sticking to them. 

Four of the defenders got left behind & had to get the bus. Apparently they were so miffed they planned to get revenge and sure enough, replicated the Xmas ******** up & went missing again last night.

So YES. It’s all down to the Xmas party. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

.......Bazza went left when he should have gone right, threw off Hutch's rhythm and now they're not on speaking terms

Has that resulted in Hutch being on the treatment table for the next 6 weeks?

Edited by Charles Clegg
tidying up
  • Haha 1

I’ve been told by next doors cat that they all went to a “play barn,” things weren’t looking good after Dunkley fell off the swing grazing his knee, Paterson and Gregory had a squabble about who should go first on the slide and Bannan got lost in the ball pond.

Moore called time on the evening after Peacock Farrell dropped a full bowl of jelly and ice cream on the dance floor causing Hutchinson to slip and fall

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

TBH I don't know the circumstances or venue, but these are young men, over paid for the most part, just out on the lash and this probably happens at most clubs - I see nothing wrong with it, unless it was against club orders and risked the club covid quarantine procedure.  So for me the real question is  was this party against orders ?  What was the reaction from management where's the professionalism and club discipline this time in the football season is crucial who's responsible the Manager, Captain or Chairman ?

'someone on here will know' and spill 

Once upon a time a football team from Yorkshire went over the hill and far, far away to Manchester for a Christmas ball.

Also stopping at the same hotel was another non league football team from a tiny hamlet in Lincolnshire.

That night they danced and partied together and awoke the next morning with a terrible cold. 

Later that week 15 staff and 8 from the other team went into hiding until the big bad covid went away.

Is this a fairytale, maybe, maybe not, but last night they played like a bunch of fairies and made Sunderland look like a team of world beaters.

In my opinion, I can't care less if they had a night night but be trueful with the fans.

• Like 1