Half way through the season... thoughts?

On 31/12/2021 at 19:11, Mad Mik said:

I haven't said it was, it was bobbins,, just fed up of people saying get the new messiah in ,when there isn't one ,,, so Who then ???

Do not need a Messiah just a Manager who at 0-3 down realises it might be a good idea to make a substitution...

• Thanks 1

Guest Mad Mik
1 hour ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Or you will get banned like me for daring to respond to clickbait posts.😆 Bag of bothered well and truly empty - pretty much like most of our enthusiasm for the club! 

Owlstalk are right I shouldn't have said b***  E**  cuz it might upset some idiots on here 🤔

Guest Mad Mik
4 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Do not need a Messiah just a Manager who at 0-3 down realises it might be a good idea to make a substitution...

Same answer from me ,,, who ??

Without reading through all the replies I think the OP makes a fair assessment however the key has to be lack of CB players. Has to be. 
This league is poor but you cannot carry on playing full backs as centre backs you just can’t. 
DM needs to sort this out asap. 
If he doesn’t then he deserves to lose his job. 
There was a list out of players without clubs and several on their could have played at this level with ease. But he continues to sign wingers or forwards. I don’t get it. 
Sort it out man. 

7 hours ago, mcmigo said:

So far so good.

new squad assembled cheaply.  Had to deal with horrendous injuries especially at the back.    Manager style of play is bedding in , we are now creating lots of chances compared to the last few seasons.  Well in contention of top 6.

Strong second half of season coming.  Us and MKD in playoff final and a glorious Wembley win ahead.

Your deluding yourself mate if that posts not tongue in cheek...

Before a ball was kicked I'd have been delighted with us being where we are  at this stage - seriously - I really feared the worst! Never thought of us being in contention for top two and nothings changed there... Have seen glimpses of promise of everything gelling in the last couple of months too buuuuuut.....the ridiculous rotation policy DM has is putting paid to any further improvements...im sure morale is affecting the players too as they don't have a clue either.. Whatever happened to a squad of 24 with two for each position and when one gets injured or loses form in comes the other one... Oh and playing in preferred positions too obviously... I'll still be delighted if we sneak in the playoffs on the last day of the season... I'm basically just baffled as much as everyone else about team selection! 

About where I expected and predicted we would be. A “C” on the old school report given our abject surrender last season, significant turnover of players and secret umbongo. 

Positives: Brennan, Adeniran, FDB plus we aren’t in free fall. 
Negatives: Team selection, tactics, never ending injury record (no excuse for selections and tactics).